ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart General
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2009, 02:56 PM

Angry Dealerships dont offer ralliarts free stuff

So-Cal ralliart owners. If you check out Socal Evo mitsubishi dealerships offer free oil changes, tune-ups, and car washes for evo owners. Long Beach, Victorville, Huntington beach, and a few others offer that to all evo owners and if they refer someone they get it too. However when I called to inquire about it for the ralliart, THEY DON'T OFFER ANYTHING FOR US RALLIART OWNERS. I think its crap. Our cars have the same engine, so therefore would require the same filter and oil..right lol but I was told its because its "just a ralliart" they dont offer it. If we all spent the extra $6000-10000 we would qualify.

I personally didn;t get my brand new car with a full tank of gas, or a complimentary gas card. I drove back and forth for three days to work this deal for the car. The dealership was Victorville Mitsubishi and its about 45mins away from my house. So its not close not really. I just think its unfair and a bunch of crap that they won't offer the ralliart owners anything. Its a mini evo.

I was just curious if any of you other ralliart owners have experienced the same situations with the dealerships.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:49 AM

Trust me, my situation is worse. Though I will not air my dirty laundry on here lest I take matters to litigation.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:00 AM

i was told that the new ownership is the reason behind the lack of "free stuff" i do think its kinda bs cuz when i got my oz rally back in 2005 i had a couple free oil changes and it came with a free car wash and i even got an entire detail kit in the mail.
Dont feel too bad tho, even people with mercedes benzes dont get free oil changes and they spend well over the cost of an evo.

When i bought the RA they put like half a tank in there and out i went and thats all i got.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

When I bought mine all I got was half a tank of gas. Gas price High and sales of cars was low.

Yeah, it all break down to the dealership how much profit they make when they sold you the car. Some dealers make their money on repetition. Some dealers make theirs on one deal (stay away from them!)

If the Dealer sell decent amount of cars or make decent amount of money they can afford to give back.
Building customer relations brings more customers.

I did get a free oil change coupon in the mail. I do my own oil changes so I havent used it. I get discounts from Parts Department. ie buy three oil filter get fourth free plus discount.

than again... There are some dealerships just doesnt care about their customers. you'll notice the difference between dealerships. Go to the dealership that has friendlier & younger people between 20-30 yrs old vs 40-50 yrs old. Older people generally dont or wont hook you up, all the see is money. 20-30 yrs old are more understanding and if you try and be friends with them its easier and they are more willing to help you.

I say Older people generally dont or wont because I went to the dealership that had older people and they wouldnt even let me test drive the car! I ended up arguing with the guy about 'who buys a car without test driving it??' turn down my offer for the car and told me good luck getting one! so walked out heated! He almost had the best of me. I calmed myself down and left. I remember it was Capitol Mitsubishi and Stevenson Creek Mitsubishi.
San Leandro Mitsubishi was no better but he explained why they cant let me test drive the car because they dont want mileage on the car! lol

I went through four mitsu dealership before I bought mine. I picked Concord of Mitsubishi (2009 Diamond Chapter Award) they give me free endless BBQ and Ice creams. Test drive was no issue on any car!, worked around my credit issues. Sales person even drove back in his own ride 40+miles to my aunt house to sign papers. He was around 20-30 yrs old. I was complaining about gas mileage he offered to pay for a tank of gas out of his own pocket.
I didnt take the offer though. I rather save the favor for some accessories.

Concord Mitsubishi and Sales Person (Jose) still call once a month to check up on the RA and hows everything is running. So far so good! Runs great!

For Concord Mitsubishi and Sales Person (Jose) I rate 12+. I highly recommend anybody and everybody there!

09 GG Lancer RalliArt with Nav. Daily Driven.
4,498 miles to date (two more days til two months)
Old 06-26-2009, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

Free Services are cool but I dont trust anybody with my car. Its good to have friends that are mechanics or knowledgeable of your car.

Wouldn't mind free parts, most free stuff is crap anyways unless its $100-500+ parts free.

I dont trust Free Oil Change or Car Wash. I'd rather spend my own time on my car because they are not gonna spend the same amount of effort and time on your car. They could scratch something washing the car and its hard to proof if you scratch it or they scratch it. blah blah..

Oil change I had once (not in my RA) got an oil change and they stripped the thread on the bolt using the air wrench and didnt tell me about it til the next oil change from someone else and Didnt claim responsibility. I had to get new oil pan out of my own pocket!

Dont go for free things in life, work for it you'll appreciate it more!

Most free things are scam anyway. Spend $6,000-10,000 to get $100-500+ part free? lol I rather save my $6,000-10,000 and get another car or buy tools and parts.

I'll sell you a pen for $1,000,000 and you'll get free sharpening. lol

SoCal Evo and Super Store is good at dog and phony shows. Bad at dealing with customers until customers complain.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:42 AM

you are right 'ralliart girl' you don't get any free crap with a 09 RA purchase. but you do get a great deal (sweet car for an awesome price, much less $ than the EVO MR)... I bought mine at Long Beach and the gas was on "E". Didn't even make it to the 1st gas station. Had to call the dealer and they sent a guy out with a little can of gas so I could make it to the gas station! LOL! All else was alright, and when I called back and gave them hell they gave me a free $20 gas card. woopeee but bottom line is no freebies with the RA! cause it's a hot little car

totally agree w/ the guy who says "watch out on free stuff" believe me they find a way to get it out of you, one way or another. A one-time freebie may be good and true but it's better to pay for it and make sure it's done well.

09 Silver Ralliart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTZL View Post
Free Services are cool but I dont trust anybody with my car. Its good to have friends that are mechanics or knowledgeable of your car.

Wouldn't mind free parts, most free stuff is crap anyways unless its $100-500+ parts free.

I dont trust Free Oil Change or Car Wash. I'd rather spend my own time on my car because they are not gonna spend the same amount of effort and time on your car. They could scratch something washing the car and its hard to proof if you scratch it or they scratch it. blah blah..

Oil change I had once (not in my RA) got an oil change and they stripped the thread on the bolt using the air wrench and didnt tell me about it til the next oil change from someone else and Didnt claim responsibility. I had to get new oil pan out of my own pocket!

Dont go for free things in life, work for it you'll appreciate it more!

Most free things are scam anyway. Spend $6,000-10,000 to get $100-500+ part free? lol I rather save my $6,000-10,000 and get another car or buy tools and parts.

I'll sell you a pen for $1,000,000 and you'll get free sharpening. lol

SoCal Evo and Super Store is good at dog and phony shows. Bad at dealing with customers until customers complain.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:47 PM

Default free stuff i got

I was the first westcoast owner so I got a wash, powdercoated wheels, full tank of gas, and tint all the way around : )
they wouldnt do the free oil changes tho. they said that was only for the evo's.

pirate
Old 07-24-2009, 09:52 PM

i got a full tank of gas and and 3 free oil changes... thats so sick ^^^^ got powder coated wheels and a tint!!!
Old 07-26-2009, 06:39 PM

Don't worry,,,,, the same crap happens in New Jersey.
My fuel was on "E" too..

However, I did get a free oil change and full detail slip from the dealership. Then about a month later I got a coupon via email from Mitsubishi giving me another free oil change.. I guess it could have been worse.

Although, the first thing I did when I went to the dealership was to act like a complete, hard to please prick.. My wife was PISSED at me.
Although I think that may have scored me the brand new extra set of floor mats..
Old 08-03-2009, 01:15 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to RA9

got mine at long beach the only thing i got free there was a freakin half a tank gas and i lived 45min away so didnt know what was the sports mode so i ran it with sports mode and car ate the gas so quick. eventhough there wasnt any freebies but i got a hella of deal on the car purchase prize of my car OTD was $26k 0down and $440 a month