ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 02-08-2014, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerBear View Post
ECU only. Dealership just did this to me. I'll be spending new year's day putting my car back to stock. It's throwing an SES for Mass Airflow Sensor which I'm not sure if it's because they dislodged the airbox or if it's from the aftermarket BPV and boost pill.

Transmission shifts very sluggish but smooth right now. It feels like I'm driving a real automatic. That might change once I get the car back to stock and everything is running properly.

If it's true that this is just lowering low end torque to protect the SST I'm totally getting rid of this car at 60k miles when the warranty is up. If Mitsu has that little faith in the SST that they need a factory recall to try to protect it I'm going back to driving a stick. I love the car, but at only 30k miles it's already been a headache. It's not like I even take my car to the track, I just like to engage in a little occasional spirited driving, but I don't want to fight with another manufacturer like I did with Chrysler.
i totally agree with you, i have... 59,000 miles on it, and as the miles keep piling on, im more and more scared of the day the cars tranny takes a nose dive. to replace the tranny i heard is expensive :-/ makes me REALLY REALLY want to go back to my Civic Si. the Evo X is way too expensive, 38k for a Mitsubishi? yea i dont think so
Old 02-11-2014, 11:29 AM

Well. I got this recall done over the weekend before I read those post. They just told me some computers need to be updated on my car so I was like okay. There is a big difference with the power, not as quick can not really hear the turbo spool anymore (K&N drop in). I wish I knew more about it before I got it done.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEZ8 View Post
Well. I got this recall done over the weekend before I read those post. They just told me some computers need to be updated on my car so I was like okay. There is a big difference with the power, not as quick can not really hear the turbo spool anymore (K&N drop in). I wish I knew more about it before I got it done.
Did you notice the difference before you saw this thread? I'm curious if it could be a placebo effect or perhaps even a result of something else.

This post in the GST Basemap thread over on EvoM aligns with my thought that the letter made it sound like it was raising the threshold, not de-tuning the car:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/11070596-post4359.html

Sadly, I trust the guys in that thread more than most service technicians at the dealerships.

I got my car flashed with the recall update because I did get the code read after my car went into limp mode and threw up the SES light. It had one of the codes that the letter mentioned. I was lucky that I was driving at a time and place where there was no one else around me, but if my car had just died like that when on the highway with a lot of traffic like I normally drive, that would have been dangerous. I also plan to do the boost pill and GST Basemap in the future, which will overwrite all of this anyway.

I noticed little-to-no difference in power after the update, but I do have to change back to my aFe drop-in air filter after I clean it. I had put the old, dirty stock one back in in case my car needed warranty work and they tried to blame any problems on that.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napius View Post
Did you notice the difference before you saw this thread? I'm curious if it could be a placebo effect or perhaps even a result of something else.

This post in the GST Basemap thread over on EvoM aligns with my thought that the letter made it sound like it was raising the threshold, not de-tuning the car:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/11070596-post4359.html

Sadly, I trust the guys in that thread more than most service technicians at the dealerships.

I got my car flashed with the recall update because I did get the code read after my car went into limp mode and threw up the SES light. It had one of the codes that the letter mentioned. I was lucky that I was driving at a time and place where there was no one else around me, but if my car had just died like that when on the highway with a lot of traffic like I normally drive, that would have been dangerous. I also plan to do the boost pill and GST Basemap in the future, which will overwrite all of this anyway.

I noticed little-to-no difference in power after the update, but I do have to change back to my aFe drop-in air filter after I clean it. I had put the old, dirty stock one back in in case my car needed warranty work and they tried to blame any problems on that.
Its just not the same, about a month ago my car went into limp mode 2 separate times, first one was check transmission and the other one was service acd. The code that came up for the check acd was I over revved my car. I am not sure how you over rev a SST and times it happened as i was slowing down to come off the exit ramp. Im not going to lie, I have not really driving my car "hard" for at least a year now. It is like these Mitsubishi dealers do not really know much about their cars. I was a tech at Honda and a Master Tech there could tell the customer what exactly happened and are very knowledgeable about the cars. I feel like the Mitsu dealer doesnt really know anything.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEZ8 View Post
Its just not the same, about a month ago my car went into limp mode 2 separate times, first one was check transmission and the other one was service acd. The code that came up for the check acd was I over revved my car. I am not sure how you over rev a SST and times it happened as i was slowing down to come off the exit ramp. Im not going to lie, I have not really driving my car "hard" for at least a year now. It is like these Mitsubishi dealers do not really know much about their cars. I was a tech at Honda and a Master Tech there could tell the customer what exactly happened and are very knowledgeable about the cars. I feel like the Mitsu dealer doesnt really know anything.
Yeah most of Mitsu stealership dont know what they are talking about. It cracks me up sometimes.

Edit: I was about to set up appointment for the recall of headlight adjusters etc but changed my mind just because I dont trust dealerships. Definitely not doing the other recall for SST. Thats a good thing to take care of though if keeping the car somewhat stock.
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ

Last edited by iralli_iskustvo; 02-12-2014 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:08 AM

hmmm. anymore people weigh in on this. I don't want to get this done on my soon to be ralliart unless the code comes up. I mean I won't be modding it much as I promised the wife (for now at least) but I def don't want a decrease in TQ.

I saw this recall on the carfax of the one I am getting and was gonna get it done but maybe not now. The car has 81k miles on it

Last edited by zippy452; 11-27-2014 at 09:12 AM.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:28 AM

when i got the timing chain recall done on my car, they asked at my dealership if i'd tuned the car. since i had already, they told me at that point doing the ECU recall was unnecessary as the tune would already correct the issue. i'd just say anyone who's concerned about having the dealer do the recall, don't and get someone to throw a basemap on your car (or buy a Tactrix cable and do it yourself). it'll improve the performance of your car and fix the issue in one go.

Tags
p061a, p1241, recall