ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 02-19-2011, 08:20 AM

Default Aftermarket Guages for Speedo and Tach

I absolutely hate the main guages for our speedo and tach. I bought a new state of the art car only to get 2 oil cans recessed deep into my dash with numbers that are small and sitting way to far away. I want to rip them out completely even if it means the expense of redesigning the whole dash if necessary.

Even my wife's 7 yr old Suzuki Aerio puddle jumper has these great huge LED digits that display the excact speed and has this great RPM colour bar for a tach. I mean I did not pay almost 40K for a car with a speedo that reminds me of my dads Chrysler from the 70's. I want Hi Tech Ice blue or wicked green LED guages or a heads up projected onto the windsheild display so I can keep my eyes on the road. Not keeping my eyes open for cops and trying to follow a needle thats 1/2 a foot into my dash in a plastic oil can.

Before anyone jumps in with the old man needs glasses jokes, my eyes are fine and have 20/10 vision which is better than most people.

I am just frusterated as I recently started looking at other cars only half the price of mine and they have some really nice hi tech guages. An older friend of mine that I gave a ride to, asked me if I was doing o.k financially as he thought my car was an entry level model based on the interior and the low ball guages. This coming from someone who knows nothing about cars.

He has known me for over 30 years and knows that I am a picky SOB. SO if anyone knows of any guages that I could retro fit or maybe we could stir up enough noise to have a company design some real guages for our car and maybe add to that design by adding in an integrated boost gauge etc.. that would be awesome.

Please post your comments/ info good or bad as I am looking for feedback. Worse case scenario I will have to design it myself from scratch.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:04 AM

im sure you could do a led swap, i did one in the sentra i had for the stock radio and every other thing but its such a pain in the ass
Old 02-19-2011, 02:45 PM

My favorite dash was in my old S2000. Large digital numbers for the mph and it had the color bar for the RPM. It was fun watching it climb to 9K

I have to say I think the RA dash looks good though in its own way. Its not the fanciest but I like it.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:59 AM

That's the one thing I miss from my Evo 8 I had. The tach was large and centered with the spedo offset. A proper setup for a track car... I don't know of any aftermarket ones for our car though - sorry.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:38 PM

Yeah I have come up empty after a couple of hours of google searches etc.. Their does not seem to be anyone cashing in on this. Maybe I need to start my own company and specialize in ralliart parts LOL !

If anyone finds some digital gauges that might swap into our dash please post ASAP.