ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 04-25-2013, 12:00 PM

I would say no. I did not with my fluid change. Some people are sticklers and want to do the mineral oil trick. But I think its just extra work thats not necessary.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crak View Post
I would say no. I did not with my fluid change. Some people are sticklers and want to do the mineral oil trick. But I think its just extra work thats not necessary.
Agreed.

What is important during a fluid change is to change the filter. I believe the service manual only mentioned that starting with the 2012 model year. The paper filter can become incredibly dirty if not changed regularly.

As well, be sure to drain the fluid in the transmission cooler. You don't want to be recirculating that old, dirty fluid either.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:20 PM

I just took my 09 RA in for this $968.00 service this morning.

Transmission and diff flush, with battery service. The most expensive part was the oil. 470 bucks. Doing it yourself is a great idea. How much they used? My bill shows 8L. It also shows them using 5L of synthetic engine oil... Thats only because the bill shows the levy for them..
Old 04-29-2013, 09:07 PM

8L seems over board. Our cars use ~6L of transmission fluid.

FYI: did my rear diff and transfer case this weekend. Put in redline heavy shock proof for the transfer case and 75W90 GL-5 Gear Oil for the Rear Diff. The car feels a ton tighter. by tight i mean, not jerky, feels solid built when shifting and transferring power.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burngeart09 View Post
I just took my 09 RA in for this $968.00 service this morning.

Transmission and diff flush, with battery service. The most expensive part was the oil. 470 bucks. Doing it yourself is a great idea. How much they used? My bill shows 8L. It also shows them using 5L of synthetic engine oil... Thats only because the bill shows the levy for them..
Diaqueen comes in 4L cans, so they charged you for two. Hopefully the fluid in the cooler was changed as well for that price. Did they change the filter?
Old 07-25-2013, 02:26 AM

Once I do the tranny fluid change, first I drain the tranny fluid, than replace OEM filter, I also decided I will drain the fluid in the SST cooler hose near LICP. My question is..since I am taking out the fluid out of SST cooler hose does that mean when I refill the new SSTF-1 fluid into the refill hole do I put in 5.5L plus additional 1.7-2L since I drained SST cooler fluid from the hose? And for the people that didnt bother to take out the fluid in the SST cooler hose will only have to refill the fluid with 5.5L-6L or still have to put more correct me if I am wrong..

Can I tighten the tranny oem filter and all the drain plugs by hand (carefully)?

tightening by hand (no torque wrench)
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ

Last edited by iralli_iskustvo; 07-25-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:06 PM

I can only find tightening torque on the oil drain plugs..what about the tightening torque for the OEM tranny filter?
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 07-27-2013, 04:42 PM

Torque the drain plugs to spec and plastic oil filter housing by hand.
Make sure you screw it far enough that retention plastic tab engages to prevent it from backing off.

Leave engine bottom tray off.

Give bottom of trans and surrounding area a quick wipe down with varsol or another solvent. This will give you a clean grease free surface.
Take car for a quick ride min. 10 minutes or longer then check for leaks etc. then replace engine tray after your satisfied there are no leaks.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
Torque the drain plugs to spec and plastic oil filter housing by hand.
Make sure you screw it far enough that retention plastic tab engages to prevent it from backing off.

Leave engine bottom tray off.

Give bottom of trans and surrounding area a quick wipe down with varsol or another solvent. This will give you a clean grease free surface.
Take car for a quick ride min. 10 minutes or longer then check for leaks etc. then replace engine tray after your satisfied there are no leaks.
Thank you Jackal! Well said and explained as always.

Tuned by TJ
Old 07-27-2013, 04:47 PM

When I will do tranny change I think I will not take out the SST cooler hose to drain the fluid, just gonna drain all the fluid from the plugs of the tranny put new OEM filter..but my question is since I am going with FFL-2 fluid would that mix with the Diaqueen fluid that left a bit in the SST cooler hose and mess up my tranny since its 2 different fluids? Correct me if I am wrong..

Tuned by TJ