ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > ClubRalliart Forums > Newbies
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2014, 11:05 PM

Default Prospective RA owner, a few questions

I've done some searching, but most were older threads, so I'd like to ask for current owners, after they've put some miles on their cars...

First off, I'm a prospective RA owner, I'm looking at the sportbacks in particular. I have a wagon fetish I guess ( I used to own a Forester XT, and up till recently was looking at an E61 - BMW 535XI estate... but reliability comes into question ). It seems people are able to have a decently reliable DD out of the RA's.

Current daily is an 08 Miata GT, which is a bit... small Love it ( god do I love it in the mountains - when you give RX7s a good run...) I just need more room, hence the SB. Toy car is an 88 Mitsubishi Starion.

Anyway

Some RA's come with Recaro's - for those who have owned them long term, complaints? Those without the Recaro's, I noticed the seats still have some decent side bolstering. Anyone ever feel they were lacking in lateral support?

Is the Rockford Fosgate/MMC really worth it, or is the nav not updated at all whatsoever by Mitsu.

I'm aware the SST needs to be maintained religiously, and 08-09's have timing chain issues ( at least the Evo's did to my understanding ). Any reason why to avoid an 08-09 RA beyond that and the fun color LCD between the gauges?

Goal would be to have a reliable daily wagonthingamadoodle that could have some corner carving fun on a weekend here and there - figured upgrade to Evo X FMIC, LICP, aftermarket UICP, H&R springs and better tires ( Michelin Pilot AS3's are a godsend ), upgrade sways and a strut bar, better rotors and brake pads. *Maybe* a catback like the HKS since its quieter.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:58 PM

1) For SB with Recaros, only 2010 model year have them...that's it.
2) I had the car since 2010 with 27000 miles on it...and I baby the hell out of it...no prob so far...I change the TC/Diff/Tranny fluids at 16000 and oil change at about 3 to 3.5 months with PureOne filter and Eneos Sustina (very good motor oil! better then mobil1).
3) Love the RF, but I had tthe dealer took out the MMCS/Nav...so I don't know how all that works...but the subwoofer is nice though...
4) In order for you not have a timing chain issue...better motor oil and change often...and try not to abuse it until you change the chain...

For now the only option you have for RA SB is probably 09 and 10 model year...make sure you buy it from someone that you trust...because you don't know how the previous owner treat the car...

Phase 1
[X] Cosworth Drop-In
[X] UR Full Catback Exhaust
[X] UR Upper ICP
[X] UR Lower ICP
[X] Evo X FMIC
[X] Evo X BOV

Phase 2 - Breaks
Old 05-05-2014, 01:20 PM
Regional Moderator

Recaros are great for the bolster, but not as comfy as stock on long trips, plus no height adj..

minimal partial rolls $60(no tab grinding)

So cal fender roller rental $10 per day(3 day min) with $200 cash deposit. Includes Eastwood fender roller, heat gun and heavyweight carry bag.