ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Suspension, Wheels, Tires and
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2014, 08:25 AM

I just wanted to give an update on the lines that come with the kit. Very shortly, I will be able to offer two different variations of the SS lines. One will be the standard kit, made to fit the front BBK with OEM rears, and the second will be for people who want to do the front BBK AND the Evo X rears. And for the guys that have already purchased a kit with lines, I will be offering just the secondary rear line that is required to bolt up the Evo X rears properly. Stay tuned.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:07 AM

Are you able to get a hold of OEM rears cheap?

Also, I want this kit, but will probably have to wait until next year, how long do you think you will be doing this, I was planning on Jan/Feb
Old 06-26-2014, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMITON1 View Post
Are you able to get a hold of OEM rears cheap?
OEM new cheap? I wish. If I could get new ones reasonable, I would be more than happy to put together a total package for fronts and rears. As it sits, the rear calipers from Mitsu are about $1300 each. YES, you read that right. $2600 for the calipers alone. That should put in to perspective how awesome of a deal my front kit is
You should be able to find used X rear calipers on eBay for around $300 for the set, but that is kind of hit or miss. The reason I don't sell "ready to bolt up" rear kits is that the new is too expensive, and I refuse to sell used calipers that I don't know are 100% functional. But I bought mine from eBay, and they work great. Hopefully, others will have the same luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMITON1 View Post
Also, I want this kit, but will probably have to wait until next year, how long do you think you will be doing this, I was planning on Jan/Feb
That is a question that I really don't have a solid answer on. The thing with these kits is, I make very little money on them. It is more to me about getting closer to leveling the playing field with the Evo guys . And I don't mind, because my day job pays ok, it's cool to give back, and I enjoy it. The downside is, I am the one taking all of the risk. When someone buys a kit, I buy the calipers from GM, and have them professionally machined. If something goes wrong in the machining process (knocks on wood) and I have to come out of pocket to replace just one caliper, it would literally wipe out all of the "profit" I have ever made on the kits I have sold. Luckily, that hasn't happened (knocks on wood again). If it did, I would probably retire right away..lol. So, to say the least, it is a bit stressful to build them. So, in short, I can't say definitively whether I will still be making them, or not. Just touch base when you are ready.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:50 PM
Regional Moderator

Yeah, if anyone's serious about getting this as a kit, I'd rec saving up for one now, not many things in life ever go down in price, and having this show up as a bolt on kit makes it a lot easier for anyone to buy who doesn't have the tools or anywhere to take the parts for modding.. (Just try to get a shop to grind and mount a brake kit!, the liability usually kills it)

Drews right you'll never be able to buy EVO parts new from the dealer, cuz of the retard cost. And you would never wanna sell used calipers as a guaranteed product, EVO guys trash their parts on a regular basis, so buying used is completely hit or miss.. I was actually quite surprised you can get 6 piston brakes this cheap, so if you're tempted? I'd look to buy now before this guy gets tired of the hassle or a caliper gets fucked and the price is forced to go up!!

My order is in, I'll post some pix and a short review when they're on.

minimal partial rolls $60(no tab grinding)

So cal fender roller rental $10 per day(3 day min) with $200 cash deposit. Includes Eastwood fender roller, heat gun and heavyweight carry bag.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:02 AM

Great news!

I am VERY interested in the second kit (front BBK & Evo X rears). My current improvised setup using longer lines in the rear to get it to match up with the Evo X calipers is far from ideal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
I just wanted to give an update on the lines that come with the kit. Very shortly, I will be able to offer two different variations of the SS lines. One will be the standard kit, made to fit the front BBK with OEM rears, and the second will be for people who want to do the front BBK AND the Evo X rears. And for the guys that have already purchased a kit with lines, I will be offering just the secondary rear line that is required to bolt up the Evo X rears properly. Stay tuned.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:53 PM

What up Drew - sent you a PM. Let me know if it went thru.

Thanks!

^click sig for Fred's Ralliart Build^
Old 08-21-2014, 07:20 PM

Bump! Interested and pm sent
Old 09-10-2014, 06:16 PM

Default I wants....

PM going to be sent so bump.... What color is sliver though? :-P
Old 09-11-2014, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post
PM going to be sent so bump.... What color is sliver though? :-P
Replied...
Old 11-12-2014, 08:32 AM

Just received a note from my source at GM that the silver calipers are "on sale" now, so if you were considering doing a kit in silver, now would be the time to do it. And by "on sale", GM is crazy with the way the prices fluctuate, so this could last a day, a week, or a month, but it is lower than it has been. I am assuming this is because they ordered a large batch from Brembo, and have surplus. If you are interested in a kit, PM me your zip, and I will give you a quote.