ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart General
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2011, 08:13 AM

Talking

Like the others Trunk Space and rear folding seat was a huge plus for me.

The funny thing is that I was looking cars but I didn't have the intention to buy a new one. Also the RA wasn't in my list because they were pretty expensive here with month payments in the high 500 to low $600 in some cases. I got rid of the 2006 Civic SI because have a mid $500 monthly payment and with the up-coming newborn a coupe was not a very good idea to keep.

One morning I check a local Craig List like site and found out that a new post about a untitled ralliart on $22K was on sale. We get there, got a test drive and my wife knows that car cost a lot more than that and she wasn't in the mood to get a new car until I got a permanent position in my job. The she told the salesman that the only way that we will take the car is if they cut the price down to 20K. The salesman said that isn't possible then we decide to leave. After 30min he call us, come back we will sell it in 20K. And the rest is history.

Is going to be difficult to go back to N/A after tasting the joy of low end torque.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:29 AM

The rarity is a big plus for me as well. There are many more Evos in my area than Rallliarts. Outside of a showroom, I've only seen one other RA the road in my area.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:57 AM

Parents bought me the car(yes im spoiled, get over it lol), so evo was out of budget, found a used RA with only 12k for cheap so i snagged it while i can.
DW35c Fuel pump
Evo X Turbo,Fmic,DV
FIC 900
Grimmspeed 3port EBCS
UR CBE, UICP, LICP
Old 07-15-2011, 09:15 AM

Must be nice

Here in Canada, these cars can cost up to $10k more than in the US, so I don't know of many people buying them for their kids.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:20 AM

Went to the dealership looked at 2 cars to replace my weak eclipse, a 2009 evo mr and a 2009 ra. Showed my wife the evo she said oh I like that and the rims are nice then she saw the price and laughed at me.

Next was the ra she liked it too and I loved the color and the cheaper insurance but it was just out of my price range so we left with no car.

Went on a deployment came back 7 months later and seen my beautiful rotor glow car still there and shining all petty like. So I asked about it again pretended to be not interested. Then they told me since it was an 09 in jan of 10 it needed to be off the lot and the would give me extra for my eclipse and take 30% off the price. I said woman I don't care what you think im getting this car and well here I am with my car and still married surprisingly haha
Old 07-15-2011, 01:18 PM

Coming from a modded 350z convertible I didn't know if I would be happy with the ralliart. Insurance and cheaper price of the RA helped narrow my decision down. I never got to test drive the X, but I didn't have to. I test drove the ralliart and was really impressed with it. With just the GST tune and boost pill I'm sure the RA is faster than my old Z. I spent a ton less on modding it so far as well haha.
I regret not holding out for X sometimes because of the wider body, bigger turbo and manual. I do love the SST though and sometimes it's nice being lazy lettin the car shift lol. No mis shifts there
For the price you can't beat it. Love he recaro seats, Rockford package and HID lights.
I just hope I can keep it for a while and keep upgrading and not get the itch to trade in for X. So far so good lol.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:30 PM

Insurance will RAPE me!
Old 07-17-2011, 12:26 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to wwralliart77

I still ask myself the same question?!
If I knew the types of complications I was gonna get into with the RA I would have went with the Evo or something else entirely.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:23 AM

well price is one factor.But.......for my old 44 year old self the SST was a must.I owned 3 WRXs and the manual was getting old,so the SST seemed the perfect compromise.Power with my turbo back and flash will be at EVO level quickly.The brakes i do miss,as i had Wilwoods on my last Suby.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

NFSLancer Kore3 BigBrakeKit (Big Thanks to Eric for putting this together)