ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 07-07-2014, 09:35 AM

Default Shawns WW Sleeper Build

Thought I'd start a thread for my build. Finally started getting some work done to my car, only had it for a year now..
Stuff already done:
K&N drop in filter (Soon to be either AMS intake or AEM) Full audio system of coarse as that's what I do for a living....And Viper Alarm with Remote Start.

Parts ordered and soon be on:
Evo X FMIC, LICP and Synapse UICP, Evo X BOV, CP-E 3'' downpipe with custom 3'' exhaust, Cobb 3-port, Cobb AP V3, new and rebuilt ACD pump, Custom tuned ACD ECU from ACD-Tuning, RRE Lowering springs with camber bolts and white line rear camber kit, AEM Wide-Band and AEM Digital Boost gauge mounted in Rexspeed gauge pod. And by winter have my Evo X turbo swap, and maybe some internal work done. As of right now no exterior changes besides tint and lowering kit, trying to keep the car a sleeper and not advertise its quick...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20131018_184011033.jpg (118.2 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20131018_184242249.jpg (124.4 KB, 48 views)
Old 07-07-2014, 11:18 AM

Welcome! Love the color choice
A word of advice from someone that has been bitten in the buttocks when "keeping it sleeper" went wrong. With the power mods you have listed, make sure you upgrade the wheels/tires and brakes. There is a reason that the X has much better wheels/tires and brakes from the factory. Because, at those power levels, you desperately need them. We don't want another one added to the bone yard because it got out from under you, or couldn't stop fast enough.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:23 AM

Default Brakes-

Thanks for the advice, you just reminded me that I didn't mention I got new rotors and pads already on it. And ordered Stainless lines yesterday.... As for wheels I'm trying to keep it simple but most likely will upgrade them when I get someone locked in to roll the fenders so I can get wider set.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Welcome! Love the color choice
A word of advice from someone that has been bitten in the buttocks when "keeping it sleeper" went wrong. With the power mods you have listed, make sure you upgrade the wheels/tires and brakes. There is a reason that the X has much better wheels/tires and brakes from the factory. Because, at those power levels, you desperately need them. We don't want another one added to the bone yard because it got out from under you, or couldn't stop fast enough.
250ish whp isnt going to require upgraded brakes. Im at 335whp on aftermarket wheels for summer and stock wheels for winter with stock brakes. Only thing Ive done is change my brake pads when they wore out. My brakes work perfectly for everyday driving. Tracking it may be a different story but I dont track my car.

D2 Racing USA
R1Concepts
Avant Garde Wheels

Avant Garde F142 Wheels 18x10.5 D2 Racing Air Suspension R1Concepts Drilled/Slotted Rotors Kit Unnwerke Fender Flares Rexpeed Carbon Fiber JDP Carbon Fiber Lip CBRD Rad Lite Turbo AMS Single Exhaust, Intercooler, & UICP Boostin Performance High Flow Cat Ultimate Racing Intake, Down Pipe & LICP
Old 09-08-2014, 08:36 AM

Default A few updates

Kinda went for a more aggressive exhaust... Not so sleeper.
Did find out my car has S-Sport Mode though...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0060.jpg (139.1 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0089.jpg (115.3 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0090.jpg (97.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0125.jpg (142.4 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0129.jpg (96.6 KB, 29 views)