ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 07-25-2013, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeRep85 View Post
haha damn you!

$15/L is when its on sale or with special promotional pricing...i think now, vendors are seeing the demand and raising the price.

yup..went up in price.. :/
http://www.autopartsway.com/search.c...t/search:FFL-2

zeRep
Buy the 20L then you get it for around 17$ per liter.

hmmm... I may have to do just that.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:56 AM

DAMMIT!!!!

http://forums.evolutionm.net/10870477-post137.html

z
e
R
e
p
Old 07-25-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeRep85 View Post
So in another words - SSTF-1 is one of the best tranny fluids for our cars?
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 07-25-2013, 12:44 PM

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe Mitsubishiparts.net have the best price for SSTF-1 fluid. With 2 Gallons comes out to be approx $294.79
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 07-25-2013, 03:19 PM

I don't have any problems so far with ffl-2...I did have a leak from my tranny filter housing...but that's before ffl...

Phase 1
[X] Cosworth Drop-In
[X] UR Full Catback Exhaust
[X] UR Upper ICP
[X] UR Lower ICP
[X] Evo X FMIC
[X] Evo X BOV

Phase 2 - Breaks
Old 09-30-2013, 06:50 PM

Is anyone is looking for some DSG oil found it for $24 a case but only 2 cases left

http://www.amazon.com/G-052-182-A2-D...s=G-052-182-A2
Old 10-01-2013, 04:38 PM

I just did my SST fluid change with Ravenol $12.75 a Liter and free shipping / no tax. You almost get 2 fluid changes out of the case. (replaced 6.5L that came out)
Old 12-05-2013, 03:09 PM

i used the VW Audi back when i had 33,000 miles on my car, and i now have 56,000 miles with NO problems to this day. highly recommend using alternatives
Old 12-06-2013, 02:50 AM

Found this on evoxforums:

"I have been saying this for years. I have dealt with every single fluid available for the SST. I only recommend one. Genuine OEM, even when I suspect that other "over the counter" fluids may be close to identical. However the DCT470 does not like the FFL family of fluids.

By the numbers.
1. The OEM's have specific specifications that fluid delivered to them must meet. Over the counter fluids have no such requirement, and as such the fluid may not be identical, even if it is made by the same company for the same application.

2. The SST operates in a "gain" mode most of the time. The slip rate vs pressure rate that the transmission uses to control this slip is hard programmed, and the transmission tends to react poorly to anything that changes the dynamic friction rating of the clutches, even if it INCREASES it. (Dynamic friction refers to the state where the clutches are engaged, but in a controlled slip state, aka as "normal" mode for the SST)

3. Wet clutch friction properties are highly susceptible to change with different fluid properties due to the friction material absorbing the fluid. Even the glue used to adhere the friction paper to the plate effects the properties of the clutch. This change may be permanent if left for a long enough period of time.

Eric"

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/sho...+fluid&page=49

Tuned by TJ
Old 12-06-2013, 10:43 AM

Send a message via AIM to Mkid Send a message via MSN to Mkid Send a message via Yahoo to Mkid

Guys... Having had my trans recently redone by Jack's, I gained some info into this.

Apparently the circuit board that controls the SST is coated in some type of gel to keep it from reacting to the fluid (Its submerged in the fluid) The OEM trans fluid and SSP Gold is designed not to react/wear away at this gel. Jack's has found that all the other fluids they tried eat away at the gel with time and eventually can and will short out the board.
D2 RS Coilovers
Evo X FMIC
Ultimate Racing turbo-back
400HP clutches from Jack's
AEM Intake

My Car Thread

From Florida? Click here!