ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 01-16-2012, 09:48 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to wwralliart77

Came out nice bro! I actually just adjusted them so they would fit in the box more or less

Didn't actually leave them they way I had them set up
Old 01-17-2012, 07:12 AM

Send a message via AIM to Mkid Send a message via MSN to Mkid Send a message via Yahoo to Mkid

Good to know. Thanks!
D2 RS Coilovers
Evo X FMIC
Ultimate Racing turbo-back
400HP clutches from Jack's
AEM Intake

My Car Thread

From Florida? Click here!
Old 04-16-2013, 07:10 AM

Send a message via AIM to Mkid Send a message via MSN to Mkid Send a message via Yahoo to Mkid

I just realized I haven't updated this with new pics in forever.

D2 RS Coilovers
Evo X FMIC
AEM Intake

My Car Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 07:11 AM

Sorry about the huge pics. lol. I thought they would get resized.

Next is to complete my UR turbo-back. Already have the HFC and the long downpipe is on the way.
D2 RS Coilovers
Evo X FMIC
AEM Intake

My Car Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkid View Post

Sorry about the huge pics. lol. I thought they would get resized.

Next is to complete my UR turbo-back. Already have the HFC and the long downpipe is on the way.
She looks sexy!
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 07-30-2013, 09:01 AM

Just to update you guys... I've finally decided to rebuild/upgrade my transmission. Its been slipping bad and has the whole wobbling RPM issue on every other gear. More recently I've heard a nasty grinding noise and even lost 6th gear on a drive recently so I've decided to make the jump.

I'm going to be working with Jack's Transmissions to have it rebuilt and upgraded and I'm hoping to have it all done by the end of August.

Just because I'm sure someone will ask. I've just hit 40,000 miles and did have the trans fluid changed last year by the dealer.

This probably would have been covered by warranty, but I am the second owner and I was told that the warranty is significantly reduced if you are the second owner.

Anyways, I'll keep you guys updated and answer any questions that you have. I have not seen anyone with an RA post about their experiences having it rebuilt by Jack's but they seem very knowledgeable and put in a lot of safeguards to prevent future issues and extend the life of the transmission.
D2 RS Coilovers
Evo X FMIC
AEM Intake

My Car Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Just to update you guys... I've finally decided to rebuild/upgrade my transmission. Its been slipping bad and has the whole wobbling RPM issue on every other gear. More recently I've heard a nasty grinding noise and even lost 6th gear on a drive recently so I've decided to make the jump.

I'm going to be working with Jack's Transmissions to have it rebuilt and upgraded and I'm hoping to have it all done by the end of August.

Just because I'm sure someone will ask. I've just hit 40,000 miles and did have the trans fluid changed last year by the dealer.

This probably would have been covered by warranty, but I am the second owner and I was told that the warranty is significantly reduced if you are the second owner.

Anyways, I'll keep you guys updated and answer any questions that you have. I have not seen anyone with an RA post about their experiences having it rebuilt by Jack's but they seem very knowledgeable and put in a lot of safeguards to prevent future issues and extend the life of the transmission.
Sorry to hear about the tranny. I do however look forward to hearing how the Jacks transmission works out. Are you springing for the 500 HP clutch packs? I've read good things about Jacks transmission just never from someone on here.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:52 AM

From contacting them, they say they are trying out some new carbon-metallic clutches that should be good for 500hp but better for daily driving. They are testing them out now on their project ralliart and depending on how that goes and what they charge I may spring for that. If not, I'll probably get the 400hp ones considering this is my daily. I don't want it too jerky.
D2 RS Coilovers
Evo X FMIC
AEM Intake

My Car Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 02:48 AM

Quote:
From contacting them, they say they are trying out some new carbon-metallic clutches that should be good for 500hp but better for daily driving. They are testing them out now on their project ralliart and depending on how that goes and what they charge I may spring for that. If not, I'll probably get the 400hp ones considering this is my daily. I don't want it too jerky.
Hopefully you will have her back real soon.
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 08-20-2013, 08:51 AM

Finally had some time to take the transmission out...

It seems that it had been taken out before and probably replaced with a refurb...

The bolts had paint missing and looked tampered with... Also, this:

http://imageshack.us/a/img18/2950/ra7t.jpg

(Link because the picture is huge)

I'm pretty sure that isn't supposed to be a nice shade of rusty metal. It looks like it had been stored outside at some point in its life. Also... I don't think its supposed to have those numbers etched on it... If anyone can confirm that theirs had these or did not have these. I feel like these were etched onto it by getrag or mitsubishi to keep track of the refurbs.

Notice all the black bits? Nice little bits of metal it had been munching on. The filter looked terrible and so did my oil even though I had just changed it at the beginning of this year. Its probably been eating away at itself.

I bought this car used with 17,000 miles... I'm thinking the previous owner probably had the trans replaced pretty early in its life and decided to jump ship after having such a major issue.
D2 RS Coilovers
Evo X FMIC
AEM Intake

My Car Thread