ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 06-06-2013, 01:15 PM

BUMP for Thursday!
Old 06-06-2013, 08:58 PM

What's good J... Question, would these work with the OEM projector set up?

I want to bypass the fog lights and use them regardless of headlights being on or off. Not sure if you have any tips for that if you bypass doesnt do that trick.

^click sig for Fred's Ralliart Build^
Old 06-09-2013, 04:25 PM

I have this system from jrox and it works. I wired it as designed and it did not bypass allowing the fog lights to be on when the headlights aren't.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstarz View Post
What's good J... Question, would these work with the OEM projector set up?

I want to bypass the fog lights and use them regardless of headlights being on or off. Not sure if you have any tips for that if you bypass doesnt do that trick.
DRL Bypass doesn't work that way.
Do you have HID's in your fogs? If so, just swap the connections to the HID Ballast. This way, when you turn on the Low Beams, your Fogs will turn ON. When you toggle the Foglights ON, the Low Beams will turn ON.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallyrun09 View Post
I have this system from jrox and it works. I wired it as designed and it did not bypass allowing the fog lights to be on when the headlights aren't.
My DRL Bypass was designed to eliminate the Daytime Running Lights in the Low Beams. The Foglights run on a completely independent wire harness.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jRox View Post
DRL Bypass doesn't work that way.
Do you have HID's in your fogs? If so, just swap the connections to the HID Ballast. This way, when you turn on the Low Beams, your Fogs will turn ON. When you toggle the Foglights ON, the Low Beams will turn ON.

My DRL Bypass was designed to eliminate the Daytime Running Lights in the Low Beams. The Foglights run on a completely independent wire harness.
No HID kit in the fogs yet.. I have xb LED halos in the headlights that are wired to my normal headlights and manual daytime running lights.. I just want to be able to turn on the fogs while the halos are on as well.

I'll try snooping around online to see if I find anything.

^click sig for Fred's Ralliart Build^
Old 06-14-2013, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstarz View Post
I just want to be able to turn on the fogs while the halos are on as well.
I have my fogs wired to BE the DRLs. You don't have to turn them on, as they come on when the car comes on. You CAN install a switch to be able to turn them off, but I didn't, as mine are always on. But as far as using the factory foglight switch to turn on the foglights without turning on the headlights is impossible, without doing what was suggested, actually hooking the fogs up to the low beam connector and vice versa. I like mine on all the time anyway. It's easy to do, and it's all done with a simple relay under the dash.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jRox View Post
My DRL Bypass is also compatible with Stock OEM Bulbs. Aftermarket HID's are not a necessity to use my DRL Bypass. It will operate the same and eliminate the DRL's as designed to do so.

Creating a custom button would involve automotive wiring. I simply a provide a Plug & Play solution.
Can I run DRL bypass with HID's?
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 06-16-2013, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
I have my fogs wired to BE the DRLs. You don't have to turn them on, as they come on when the car comes on. You CAN install a switch to be able to turn them off, but I didn't, as mine are always on. But as far as using the factory foglight switch to turn on the foglights without turning on the headlights is impossible, without doing what was suggested, actually hooking the fogs up to the low beam connector and vice versa. I like mine on all the time anyway. It's easy to do, and it's all done with a simple relay under the dash.
Are those real functional vents on the front bumper?
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 06-20-2013, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iralli_iskustvo View Post
Can I run DRL bypass with HID's?
Yes, it's compatible with both HID's and Stock 9006 OEM Bulbs.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:42 AM

JRox, have you ever considered making the fuse box kit to do this? Seems alot cleaner, with less wiring and parts than the relay harness. I currently have one of your harnesses, and it's great, but I don't like it hooking right to the battery. If you start making the "in fuse box" kit to do this, I would definitely pick one up instead of going through the hassle of making it myself and buying the relay.