ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Drivetrain

Old 10-05-2014, 06:23 PM

Default do not the the sst service at the dealership!!!

At 20k miles I took my car to the dealer for fluid change. Right after the fluid change my sst started to switch gears very slowly. Today I decided to do the flush and change. I drained 9.5L of fluid. The dealer must have not drained the entire fluid before he added new one. After I did mineral flush I put about 6L in. Can someone tell me how much fluid should go in if I drained the whole thing including the cooler. Thank you.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkupa View Post
At 20k miles I took my car to the dealer for fluid change. Right after the fluid change my sst started to switch gears very slowly. Today I decided to do the flush and change. I drained 9.5L of fluid. The dealer must have not drained the entire fluid before he added new one. After I did mineral flush I put about 6L in. Can someone tell me how much fluid should go in if I drained the whole thing including the cooler. Thank you.
7.5 L i believe
Old 10-05-2014, 09:26 PM
Regional Moderator

Theres diff numbers on each forum.. But, I think mine was 6.5-7ish.. But i didnt measure how much came out, thats actually not useful info. If you think about it, some may have burnt off. Theres a relief valve up top, i would imagine if you put way too much in, it would just come out the top.. But, im not a tech, so always do as much research as you can... Sorry i dont have an exact answer.

minimal partial rolls $60(no tab grinding)

So cal fender roller rental $10 per day(3 day min) with $200 cash deposit. Includes Eastwood fender roller, heat gun and heavyweight carry bag.
Old 10-05-2014, 09:28 PM

http://www.evoscan.com/manuals/EvoX/...005300-22C.pdf

Here's pdf of manual for SST service 8)
Old 10-06-2014, 04:12 AM

i brought mine to a mitsu dealer in germany and the receipt says 6 liters were used
Old 10-06-2014, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliArtist View Post
i brought mine to a mitsu dealer in germany and the receipt says 6 liters were used
They might not have flushed it.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markspd6 View Post
Theres diff numbers on each forum.. But, I think mine was 6.5-7ish.. But i didnt measure how much came out, thats actually not useful info. If you think about it, some may have burnt off. Theres a relief valve up top, i would imagine if you put way too much in, it would just come out the top.. But, im not a tech, so always do as much research as you can... Sorry i dont have an exact answer.
Mine was about 6.5/6.6ish and I added a little extra just in case.
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 10-06-2014, 12:23 PM

I think i will do the same thing. From what i read most people do about 6.7 liter when emptying the cooler.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkupa View Post
I think i will do the same thing. From what i read most people do about 6.7 liter when emptying the cooler.
i would also make sure they had changed the trans filter too. most dealers dont change the filter, either they dont know (dumb dont know our cars) or you have to ask them to change the filter(yeah i know slow right). most these so called mitsu techs dont know as much as they claim about RA. one time i went to a dealer to change oil and specifically told them numerous times they even scanned vin that it was a RA not just a lancer and they still put base lancer 5w20 oil in it, right after they were done i checked the service receipt and made them change it. this is why i do all my fluids myself and will only take to dealer for major issues

Last edited by Nast_Nas; 10-06-2014 at 01:36 PM. Reason: edit
Old 10-06-2014, 03:47 PM

I did change the filter when I changed the fluid. I also called the Mitsubishi costumer relations today. When I told them how dealer did not drain the fluid before they put new in they told me "how do we know that you are not lying to us". This is my last Mitsubishi.