ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > Regional > West

Old 08-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Regional Moderator

Default So Cal fender rolls $80(rears)

Ok, I know we gotta guy back east who has one of these threads going, so hopefully this will be ok?

I've done about 150-200 cars in past 4 years, mostly I do Evos and Mazdas my other car scene. I've never screwed up a panel, or split the paint.. I keep the heat gun going the entire time.. My results are fully professional and easily better than most shops, and I regularly fix "Shop Work" all the time.. If you wanna know the top three places to avoid for getting fender rolls, I will send you the list.. I would skip them, As the work is substandard at best, and you will have to go to me to finish the work anyways.

Most body shops won't touch the work, for fear of damage, and most tuner places, just do lousy half assed work, so for the $200-$300 they charge, id skip em entirely..

The work can be done two ways:

The basic roll: I roll the fender lip up, but not all the way flat avoiding the appearance of having a roll, good for later trade ins.. That also includes bumper tab grinding, a very important part of the roll, most others skip.. This roll will accommodate EVO x rims and similar setups(no promises as it's all custom)

The full roll: I roll the lip as far back as it can go, giving you the maximum amount of space, perfect for lots of clearance, and future projects and possible tire changes.. Even with the full roll, if you make changes later(drop,tire and rim changes) we may have to do touch up work later.. It's all related to the fitment, the more you push it, more work will be needed..

It's an art, not a science. But I promise you, you won't be bummed coming to me... I have a couple threads about my work on Mazda forums..

Rental: of the Eastwood fender roller, can be done at my house(with full use of all my tools, and that's alot) or you can leave a $200 deposit, and ill rent you the roller, and heat gun to use at home.. It's about $10 a day, with a 2 day min... It's great deal. if you know how to do this already.. Or you wanna make some cash doing a friends car..

Fronts are delicate on our cars, I can do em for $40. But, they're quite thin and sometimes they crimp a bit, so alot of guys try pulling them first..

[email protected] for questions, appointments etc..

Last edited by Markspd6; 09-25-2014 at 11:19 AM.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Regional Moderator

Also, just a note, this last guy in the white EVO, came in with a complaint of not getting full boost, he was set to buy a new waste gate, pay for the install etc.. After I looked under the hood, I discovered he bought a used CAI, with no bracket, the filter was wobbling and had torn a hole in the throttle body inlet.. We got the problem fixed in minutes, and hopefully he got a bracket for the CAI.. So, I do alot of nosy inspection work, I don't like having cars go away in half assed shape...

Last edited by Markspd6; 09-25-2014 at 11:19 AM.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:35 PM
Regional Moderator

Also, just a note, this last guy in the white EVO, came in with a complaint of not getting full boost, he was set to buy a new waste gate, pay for the install etc.. After I looked under the hood, I discovered he bought a used CAI, with no bracket, the filter was wobbling and had torn a hole in the throttle body inlet.. We got the problem fixed in minutes, and hopefully he got a bracket for the CAI.. So, I do alot of nosy inspection work, I don't like having cars go away in half assed shape...

And for non RA guys, the roll is $100.. That's $20 for being a club RA member!!
Old 08-08-2013, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markspd6 View Post

And for non RA guys, the roll is $100.. That's $20 for being a club RA member!!
Thats a great deal! Why you gotta tease like that man? I stay in Midwest will need roll once I get GSR wheels.
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 08-09-2013, 09:06 PM

I have 18x9.75 wheels right now on stock height but will lower soon, can u clear my fenders?
Old 08-10-2013, 01:22 PM
Regional Moderator

Youd be amazed how much space you can carve out of the rear fender, if it can be done? I can do it..

I dont have time to study offsets, and theres even more math to add in, such as ride height, camber and tire size..