ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 10-19-2011, 06:10 PM

Default would it work?

If I buy any evo x made turbo kit will it be a bolt on for our cars? Ralliart 09 of course?
Thanks. Might be a dumb question.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Would the kit come with the EvoX manifold and all of the lines needed?

If it's just the turbo, wastegate and compressor, then no it wouldn't be a bolt-on.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoZero View Post
Would the kit come with the EvoX manifold and all of the lines needed?

If it's just the turbo, wastegate and compressor, then no it wouldn't be a bolt-on.
I don't believe it has the manifold but the kit states its a bolt on for the evox how can I use it for my car?
Old 10-19-2011, 08:48 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by aralliart View Post
I don't believe it has the manifold but the kit states its a bolt on for the evox how can I use it for my car?
You have to keep in mind, just because it says "bolt on for EvoX" doesn't mean it will fit our car.

Do some research and you'll find that the Ralliart is much more than just a "detuned" EvoX. Check the link below to find a true EvoX turbo swap kit:

http://www.clubralliart.com/showpost...71&postcount=1

ALL of that is needed for a successful turbo swap, and it's not cheap.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:07 AM

No matter what, when you do the Evo turbo swap, customization will be required. I bought everything on the evom parts list and still found out that I didn't have everything that I needed. The major issue is our battery placement.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:40 AM

I'm putting A and B together but will it work if I do the evo x turbo swap but without the evo turbo but a fp or something instead or is the size of the turbo prevent me from doing that?
Thanks for the help I know I may be chewing off me then I can handle money wise lol but I'm almost positive I wanna keep my first car forever.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:25 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to wwralliart77

So your asking if you can run an alternative turbo on the evo x swap?! The answer would be YES. As long as you have the evo x exhaust manifold, o2 housing, and down pipe along with all the lines and extra necessary parts you'll be good to go. If you're planning on increasing the power on your RA, you might want to consider upgrading the fuel injectors and fuel pump as well. The only direct turbo swap for the RA that does not require all the extra parts would be CBRD's RAD-lite turbo.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwralliart77 View Post
So your asking if you can run an alternative turbo on the evo x swap?! The answer would be YES. As long as you have the evo x exhaust manifold, o2 housing, and down pipe along with all the lines and extra necessary parts you'll be good to go. If you're planning on increasing the power on your RA, you might want to consider upgrading the fuel injectors and fuel pump as well. The only direct turbo swap for the RA that does not require all the extra parts would be CBRD's RAD-lite turbo.
This is correct, as long as you have the X set-up, then an aftermarket turbo will work. However, the swap is a little more complicated than just having the manifold, O2 housing, downpipe, and lines.

For an aftermarket X turbo, you will deffinitely want upgraded injectors and fuel pump.