ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart General
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2009, 12:55 PM

Default Periodic Inspection

My new RA just surpassed 2000 km and the periodic inspection warning light started coming on (thanks to you guys for the tip to shut it off, BTW!).

My question is, what could possibly require an inspection at 2000 km?? Is it safe to just ignore this?

Thanks.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:18 PM
Administrator

http://roadraceengineering.com/evox/...l-dtccodes.htm

The EVO X Multi Information Meter is located between the Speedometer and Tachometer. It shows when the next Vehicle Service is due.

This is how to reset the counter after servicing the EVO X:

1) Make sure the Ignition Switch to the OFF position.

2) Press the INFO button and the Odometer until the next service is now shown.

3) Press and Hold the INFO button for 2 seconds, the Service Indicator (drawing of a wrench) will now FLASH.

4) While the Service Indicator (drawing of a wrench) is still flashing Press and Hold the INFO button for 2 seconds.

5) The Service Indicator will now show the words CLEAR for 3 seconds to confirm the Service Interval has been correctly reset.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:48 PM

Thanks. I got that part, but there's also the question of what the periodic inspection would entail at 2000 km.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Oil Change.
You set it to type of oil you use & how often...3k, 5k, etc.

Air filter Check & Clean
Tires for wear & tear (Rotate as necessary)
Coolant Check & Top off.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:54 PM

Yeah, I'll probably get one done within the next couple of weeks. Is an oil change really necessary every 2-3k kms?

The old rule of thumb with other cars I had was every 3 months or 5k km, whichever comes first.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitchell View Post
Yeah, I'll probably get one done within the next couple of weeks. Is an oil change really necessary every 2-3k kms?

The old rule of thumb with other cars I had was every 3 months or 5k km, whichever comes first.
Yeah, they have oil now that let you drive 7,500 miles (12,070 kilometers) to 10,000 miles (16,093 kilometers) before oil change. Depends on what type of oil you use. I recommend Synthetic Oil because thats what they use for EVO X Mobile1 Synthetic Oil. But if you dont drive pass 3k rpm you should be fine with regular cheapest oil change & oil change every 3,000 miles (4,827 kilometers).
Old 12-03-2009, 07:05 PM

Interesting. The dealership insisted that synthetic oil be used, or I'd void my warranty. Is this true, or is this just the dealership trying to wrangle more money out of me?
Old 12-03-2009, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Interesting. The dealership insisted that synthetic oil be used, or I'd void my warranty. Is this true, or is this just the dealership trying to wrangle more money out of me?
Just use the synthetic stuff. It's a save your engine issue.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:53 PM

I'll definitely use the synthetic.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
If u put an air freshener in your RA, Mits will void your warranty

Seriously, your car comes from the factory with Mitsubishi 5W30 conventional oil (only Evo X comes from factory with Mobil 1) so wouldn't your warranty be voided the second u drive off the lot if your dealer wasn't a bunch of tards???. For a turbocharged car I would only run a Synthetic oil. I run Mobil 1 in my RA and it works great and very affordable($22 for jug at Walmart). I ran Amsoil in my last car but wouldn't suggest it for the RA, cause it is designed for longer change intervals(15,000-25,000 miles or 1 year). Mits will give you a HUGE hassle about any warranty issue or possibly void your warranty if u don't follow their maintanence schedule and do one change a year. If u are doing the Mits schedule, Amsoil is twice the price as Mobil 1 so not worth it cause u aren't getting the main benefit, longer change intervals. I've heard Eneos oil is awesome but very pricey. Haven't tried Royal Purple(heard mixed reviews), Castrol or Quaker State Syn so can't say how they are.

By the Mits Canada maintanence schedule they suggest a break-in oil change at 3,000km(but not necessary for warranty purposes) and oil changes/servicing every 8,000km.