ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 07-22-2013, 05:46 PM
Regional Moderator

Id like to copy this in lexan..
Old 08-12-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markspd6 View Post
Id like to copy this in lexan..
How much would you charge for it if you could make it? Cheaper than aluminum or more expensive?
Evo X FMIC | MAP UICP | Evo X LICP | Evo X BPV | AEM Intake | AMS Boost Pill | GST Basemap Tuned by Razorlabs | RRM GRIP Springs | Oil Catch Tank | Agency Power Downpipe | Avid1 18x9 +35 Wheels | Project Kics R28 Lugs | AMS 3" Resonated Test Pipe | Ultimate Racing 3" Dual-Tip Catback | Zeitronix ZT-2 + ZR-2 Wideband/Boost gauge | Tomei Oil Cap | CF Engine Cover | CF Hood Struts | HKS Radiator Cap | Coming Soon: Evo X turbo upgrade
Old 08-13-2013, 03:13 PM
Regional Moderator

Since it looks fairly flat, I don't see why not.. You'd just basically copy there template, or make your own.. You probly use a dark piece of lexan, cut it out with a router tool.. Add metal grommets where the bolts are attached so the lexan won't stretch as much, then I'd line the entire unit in door guard material to make the edges look cleaner, the cost to me, would be maybe $60-$100. Depending how much lexan is needed.. Otherwise I'm pretty sure this would be a simple one day project.

Decisions would be, to leave a bare hole for oil, and the jack, or add a plate, make it two pieces or one.. Adding ventilation.. There's probly a few diff basic ways to go..

So far the best tweek I've thought of, is adding a small NACA duct also lexan to guide air to the parts that need cooling the most..
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ky...FRGi4AodxlUA6Q

If you have any interest lemme know, I've thought of trying this. And I have all the stuff here...
Old 08-19-2013, 11:29 AM

Mark,

I have tons of interest in it, just don't have a template for you. The only thing I have is the plastic stocker undertray. I'd be more than willing to pay $60-100 rather than the seemingly overpriced amount that SSP is asking.

-Will
Evo X FMIC | MAP UICP | Evo X LICP | Evo X BPV | AEM Intake | AMS Boost Pill | GST Basemap Tuned by Razorlabs | RRM GRIP Springs | Oil Catch Tank | Agency Power Downpipe | Avid1 18x9 +35 Wheels | Project Kics R28 Lugs | AMS 3" Resonated Test Pipe | Ultimate Racing 3" Dual-Tip Catback | Zeitronix ZT-2 + ZR-2 Wideband/Boost gauge | Tomei Oil Cap | CF Engine Cover | CF Hood Struts | HKS Radiator Cap | Coming Soon: Evo X turbo upgrade
Old 08-19-2013, 12:09 PM
Regional Moderator

Ill see if i can make some time, and thats my cost not what i could sell one for, i wouldnt know the actual costs, till i make one.. So who knows, but yeah it would seem the $350+ price tage for the SSP does seem quit exessive.. And it helps explain the lack of sales..
Old 08-19-2013, 01:51 PM

Let me know if you happen to get one made soon. I leave the So Cal area in mid October.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:44 AM

Send a message via AIM to Mkid Send a message via MSN to Mkid Send a message via Yahoo to Mkid

Anyone have any good measurements/template yet?

My sister's father in law owns a machine shop and is willing to make mine for free (I just need to pay for the materials).
D2 RS Coilovers
Evo X FMIC
Ultimate Racing turbo-back
400HP clutches from Jack's
AEM Intake

My Car Thread

From Florida? Click here!
Old 08-20-2013, 02:38 PM
Regional Moderator

Dont think you can straight copy the OeM one, as ts not flat.. but i would imagine you could easily copy the SSP version and publish the specs..
Old 08-21-2013, 08:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to Mkid Send a message via MSN to Mkid Send a message via Yahoo to Mkid

Jackal made one himself already I believe, I was hoping he would share the measurements he used to make it.
D2 RS Coilovers
Evo X FMIC
Ultimate Racing turbo-back
400HP clutches from Jack's
AEM Intake

My Car Thread

From Florida? Click here!
Old 08-21-2013, 10:29 PM

I have made a couple different ones and all I did was use the plastic pcs as a template, then got some 6mm poly and marked all bolt holes etc transferred to a pc of cardboard. Test fitted on car then simply traced cut and drilled out a pc of aluminum.

It's stupid simple and was going to put this into production, but with all the whining and complaining as far as cost etc.. After running the numbers with 3 different shops there is not enough meat on the bone to make a good profit and there does not seem to be a real demand for it.

The cost of just the aluminum sheet alone is $120 then the labour and time to design a CNC program etc and they wanted a minimum order of 25 at aprox 250 each my cost for each pc depending on whether I wanted rivnuts installed and cover panels for oil drain plug and filter openings. Powder coating and packaging would be another extra so with people complaining about SSP price of $375. Mine was going to stay a single pc for ease of being able to put on and take off a single pc. Shipping would of been through the roof.

I am helping those local to me, but for those too lazy or with no skills then order the SSP pc as they really are not making much on it. It's worth its weight in gold to have a nice solid plate underneath to take the hits if you do any Rally Cross, gravel or Ice racing as I like to do.

If I was to get at least 50 people willing to pay $400 dollars plus the cost of shipping then I might consider it, but I am betting that day will never happen.