ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 10-22-2013, 05:44 PM

Question Help me I'm a noob

So, I've finally saved up enough money to a Cobb AP (Got the new V3 coming in the mail). Since, I already have a TurboXS turboback exhaust, I know I'm gonna be running Stage 2 for now. So here is where my question comes into play. I'm gonna save up and buy a Cobb 3-Port Boost Control Solenoid in the near future. Thing is, I've heard that there is no really use for it because our Ralliart doesn't have boost spikes on our stock turbo to begin with, and get it only if you're gonna upgrade to an TD05 (Stock Evo X) turbo. Since that conversion would be very costly, I was thinking of getting CBRD RAD Lite turbo upgrade for our stock turbo! I'd then have to go to Buschur Racing and get a custom MAP for my AP. So my real question after reading all of that is would a 3-Port be worth it with a CBRD RAD Lite turbo, or is it only worth it with the X turbo? What are your guys opinions on what I should do? I just want to be near 300whp when I'm done with my RA . Appreciate any help guys
Old 10-22-2013, 11:35 PM

I would like to help, but you have asked a lot of questions and you haven't told us what you have planned for the car long term and how you use the car.

I.E Daily stomp and go Driver with some occasional mild track use or something more?

My opinion is Cobb AP is O.K if your a Subaru or Mazda guy, not so great if you own a Ralliart.

For the money you spent already on the Cobb AP and what you will spend sending in your stock Turbo for re-work and custom MAP plus all the supporting mods AKA New IC with pipes and new exhaust etc..

Best bang for the buck is the used Evo X swap to easily get you into the 300+ range at the wheels.

Sorry I know your new here and I hate to sound like a broken record,but there are so many threads here and on every other related Lancer and Evo site. That will tell you that with a few bolt ons Tactrix cable throw in after market boost pill and Free GST tune and voila 230- 280+ AWD HP and Torque at the wheels on average depending on tune and mods.

Do some reading here and you will find your answers, but it all comes down to what you want out of the car and how much money you want to throw at it.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
I would like to help, but you have asked a lot of questions and you haven't told us what you have planned for the car long term and how you use the car.

I.E Daily stomp and go Driver with some occasional mild track use or something more?

My opinion is Cobb AP is O.K if your a Subaru or Mazda guy, not so great if you own a Ralliart.

For the money you spent already on the Cobb AP and what you will spend sending in your stock Turbo for re-work and custom MAP plus all the supporting mods AKA New IC with pipes and new exhaust etc..

Best bang for the buck is the used Evo X swap to easily get you into the 300+ range at the wheels.

Sorry I know your new here and I hate to sound like a broken record,but there are so many threads here and on every other related Lancer and Evo site. That will tell you that with a few bolt ons Tactrix cable throw in after market boost pill and Free GST tune and voila 230- 280+ AWD HP and Torque at the wheels on average depending on tune and mods.

Do some reading here and you will find your answers, but it all comes down to what you want out of the car and how much money you want to throw at it.
Haha, thank you for your help!

I know I should of went Tactrix because it is cheaper and I'd have more money for mods, but I am nowhere near computer smart where I can flash my car. At least with the AP, I can revert back to stock with a touch of a button. See, I would really go with X swap because of the upgrade capabilities, but the thing is I already have a full TurboXS turboback exhaust and with it I read that I would need a X downpipe, and a long with that I'd have to get it reinstalled because I have mediocre mechanical skills and that adds up in money.

My car is my DD that I use to commute from home to school, but I like doing 20 and 40 pulls with my friends for fun. I just want to hit around 300whp because I'd like to have a little fun with it. I plan on keeping it that way too.

Honestly though, i really appreciate you replying back. I came from a 2006 VW Passat so all this tuning stuff is very new to me. Glad to see you're understanding on my noob status aha

Tags
cbrd, cobb ap, turboxs