ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 01-06-2015, 11:02 AM

So to my understanding, if I get the FF-2 in the link of the OP I should be fine vs the OEM stuff? I have a 2009 RA. Glad I found this as my aftermarket warranty is possibly not wanting to cover the fluid for some tranny work (don't get me started lol). This may be a huge cost saver if they don't and I just tell my mechanic to do this instead. Only down side is it will void the rest of the warranty probably. but just checking, FF-2 is good to go?
Old 01-06-2015, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy452 View Post
So to my understanding, if I get the FF-2 in the link of the OP I should be fine vs the OEM stuff? I have a 2009 RA. Glad I found this as my aftermarket warranty is possibly not wanting to cover the fluid for some tranny work (don't get me started lol). This may be a huge cost saver if they don't and I just tell my mechanic to do this instead. Only down side is it will void the rest of the warranty probably. but just checking, FF-2 is good to go?
As Zerep has already posted in this thread....
http://forums.evolutionm.net/10870477-post137.html

I personally had the same kind of leak when I went to the FFL-2, and it went away when I went back to OEM. There is also a lot of talk about how any other fluids other than OEM will eat the gel coating off the internal circuit board, and short it out/damage it. The short answer is, it is up to you. But if you pose a blanket question like is it "fine" to use, I would suggest you read up more and weigh the cost savings versus risk. That is different for every person.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
As Zerep has already posted in this thread....
http://forums.evolutionm.net/10870477-post137.html

I personally had the same kind of leak when I went to the FFL-2, and it went away when I went back to OEM. There is also a lot of talk about how any other fluids other than OEM will eat the gel coating off the internal circuit board, and short it out/damage it. The short answer is, it is up to you. But if you pose a blanket question like is it "fine" to use, I would suggest you read up more and weigh the cost savings versus risk. That is different for every person.
I agree...to each his own. I have a 2010 RA currently on 52,000 miles. Before changing fluid i had some clutch slippage...I have now been driving with FFL-2 for 8,000 miles with no issues, slippage, etc....even in cold temps it seems to hold out well. However some of these issues may be long term. So far no leaks either. Time will tell, but i'm personally not too worried about it. Plan on sticking with ffl-2 and upgrading clutch packs at some point as well....just my $.02
Old 01-06-2015, 03:09 PM

I would also recommend calling a few places that actually work on and rebuild the TC-SST. I was told explicitely by Moore Automotive to get the FFL-2 out of my tranny as fast as possible, because almost all of them that have failed that they had to rebuild were on fluid other than OEM or SSP Gold. Also, most of those trannies ran well on the other fluids until, well, they died....
Old 01-08-2015, 09:17 AM

The only, and I mean only, "FFL-2" that I would/could recommend to anyone with this gearbox is Audi/VW P/N: G 052 182 A2 I even dug up an old bottle of the stuff that I had lying around my garage from my RA days to make 100% sure that that P/N is correct.

You will find that fluid listed some places as FFL-2. You will find that fluid listed other places as FFL-1. I suspect that that is why it works with the RA.

(That fluid is gold in color, FWIW.)
Old 10-13-2015, 07:03 PM

I just bout 8 bottles of the pentosin ffl-2 for my 14 RA and im waiting on the filter. Total for all of this? $231. Huge savings as we all know by now. will do the change this weekend. By the way, im an idiot and i got my car new and it now has 46k on it. HAVE NOT CHANGED IT ONCE. it's is modded with an EvoX turbo on 25lbs. I drive it really hard and i race every chance it get. still kicking though and i have some slippage only recently. Luck?
Old 10-15-2015, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwills View Post
I just bout 8 bottles of the pentosin ffl-2 for my 14 RA and im waiting on the filter. Total for all of this? $231. Huge savings as we all know by now. will do the change this weekend. By the way, im an idiot and i got my car new and it now has 46k on it. HAVE NOT CHANGED IT ONCE. it's is modded with an EvoX turbo on 25lbs. I drive it really hard and i race every chance it get. still kicking though and i have some slippage only recently. Luck?
If i still have my RA i would have switched back to Diaqueen..

Seems like a lot of people are now going back to OEM fluid.

Oh and its not luck.

I didnt show any signs of slippage at almost 90K (270awhp)

zeRep
Old 10-19-2015, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeRep85 View Post
If i still have my RA i would have switched back to Diaqueen..

Seems like a lot of people are now going back to OEM fluid.

Oh and its not luck.

I didnt show any signs of slippage at almost 90K (270awhp)

zeRep
why back to DQ? i thought that the Pentosin FFL-2 is physically the same as the DQ? is it not so?
Old 10-19-2015, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwills View Post
why back to DQ? i thought that the Pentosin FFL-2 is physically the same as the DQ? is it not so?
Click on the link i posted above (Drew quoted my link too)

Jacks Transmission
Kozmic Motorsports

both recommend only using OEM fluid...

They are even tired of beating the issue to death..

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/sho...&postcount=606

Stick with Diaqueen yo'

zeRep
Old 03-25-2018, 07:45 PM

Not sure how active this thread may still be since I've read through it.... anywho I'm up for my first SST fluid change. The warranty part doesn't matter a whole bunch to me, considering my car is over the 100k mark. I got her at over 88k just started to feel some slippage in my 3rd and 4rth. I highly doubt the previous owners changed the fluid or filter. I took it to the dearlership they wanted to charge me $800 for just the fluid, if I wanted a new filter, since they say they won't willingly change it, it was going to be $1250. Any who after doing my research I've found this...

https://www.jackstransmissions.com/c...smission-fluid
and
https://www.jackstransmissions.com/c...hi-trans-fluid

I also don't mind using Pentosin G052182A2 Auto Trans Fluid. which seems to be going for about $21.00 a liter. I've also found some filters, that are decently priced. Even Amazon has them for about $83.
My question is more so, is the jacks transmission fluid the right ones?