ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Troubleshooting, DIY and Inst
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2012, 08:59 PM

Default Plz help!! Car wont start

ok so i just replaced my O2 sensors (both) today. I did it the easy way by just removing the passenger seat. i got them both in. car started like normal. i didnt put the seat back in. i took it around the block (1/4 mile), went around a turn and the car shut off. now the car wont start. it wont even attempt to turn over. its a 2009 ralliart. any ideas on what happend and how to fix it? much appriciated!!
(X)COBB ACCESSPORT
Old 09-15-2012, 03:19 PM

update today, i have torn down the basic parts of the engine, its not locked up, not flooded, fuel pump works, all fuses and relays are in working condition(although my CD player fuse was out and i didnt know it- replaced), injectors appear to be in good shape, and no cracks or anything in the block or the pistons, oil is fresh and oil pump is good. Now to start checking sensors. Wish me luck, curious to find out how many sensor there are!!! But weather is in the lower 70's and it been lightly raining for days, perfect weather to pull into the garage and work on the car
(X)COBB ACCESSPORT
Old 09-15-2012, 03:28 PM

What does it do? do lights come on is it finding the key if u have fast entry? did it flash check engine?
Old 09-15-2012, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Crazy theory, but did you try putting the seat back in and reconnecting the SRS sensors? You'll throw SRS codes if the seats have been disconnected, could deactivate the car for safety reasons.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:32 PM

CEL light was on previously due to a down stream O2 sensor being out, i just replace both due to new exhaust. I do have the quick entry and key will turn but all that happens is cluster lights and radio turn on, engine fan comes on, but wont turn over the engine. I also did put the seat back in thinking the same thing, sensor shut down for safety reason, still no luck. I also disconnected the battery before/after reinstalling the seat hoping to reset the ECU. i have also followed most of the sensors i removed under the passenger seat to the ecu or where they ended to another sensor to check the wiring to be sure the wiring didnt "fry" itself. everything seems fine! Only 52xxx miles on the car and the weather it near perfect where i live right now.

I did have an upper alt. pulley go last month and replaced it and the belt with oem parts, forgot to mention that, but that shouldnt have anything to do with my current issue. Thanks for yalls ideas so far, keep them coming.

Is there a way to check the computer itself to be sure its not "fried"?
(X)COBB ACCESSPORT
Old 09-15-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009ralliart View Post
CEL light was on previously due to a down stream O2 sensor being out, i just replace both due to new exhaust. I do have the quick entry and key will turn but all that happens is cluster lights and radio turn on, engine fan comes on, but wont turn over the engine. I also did put the seat back in thinking the same thing, sensor shut down for safety reason, still no luck. I also disconnected the battery before/after reinstalling the seat hoping to reset the ECU. i have also followed most of the sensors i removed under the passenger seat to the ecu or where they ended to another sensor to check the wiring to be sure the wiring didnt "fry" itself. everything seems fine! Only 52xxx miles on the car and the weather it near perfect where i live right now.

I did have an upper alt. pulley go last month and replaced it and the belt with oem parts, forgot to mention that, but that shouldnt have anything to do with my current issue. Thanks for yalls ideas so far, keep them coming.

Is there a way to check the computer itself to be sure its not "fried"?
One more thing, i was running Cobb AP previous to the pulley going out, i put back to stock after reinstall, i hooked it up yesterday and tried to read CEL codes, and it says something along the lines of "unable to make contact with system computer, please check connection and try again".
(X)COBB ACCESSPORT
Old 09-15-2012, 05:21 PM
Regional Moderator

Have you tried jumping it? We seem to have fairly week small batts..

On my other car. Because of all the new features and extras, ive had my batt die a few times, And I've had mine sit on the edge of starting like it was ok, but still wouldn't turn over.. Just a thought, cuz it says in the Cobb Manual don't use with a week batt and even to add another batt when loading unloading..
Old 09-15-2012, 06:04 PM

Yeah ive noticed when just playing with the Cobb AP that it says to hook up a battery charger while loading maps, but i never really thought anything of it. I will deff check into that! thank you!

BTW check out he uploaded pics, on the page, did a little personal photo shoot around a local lake, let me know what yall think, and yes i took them previous to this current issue!
(X)COBB ACCESSPORT
Old 09-15-2012, 06:31 PM

when you turn the key it dosnt make any sound at all... Sounds like starter. If you hear a click from the starter when you turn the key but it dosnt turn over the engine then its prolly fried its shooting the bendix out but its either not completing the contact to spin the armature or your armature/windings are fried . Heck it could even be that your battery fried. if its an old battery it can short and youll still get the volts for llights and everything but you wont have the amps to turn the starter over. if you try jumping it and it turns over its the batt if it does nothing then its the starter or electrical

Goodluck
Old 09-15-2012, 06:54 PM

i dont think its the starter, no click(s) or whines when trying start it. and i will be checking the battery tomorrow, currently sitting at work. had to take the back up Honda Civic lol, 275xxx miles, and nothing works but the motor, exact opposite of the RA lol.
(X)COBB ACCESSPORT

Tags
car wont start, ignition, o2 sensor, turn over