ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 03-25-2013, 09:52 PM

Default 2009 Ralliart with wondering idle

So i just picked up a 09 Ralliart with 45k miles on it. It was driving fine at the dealership and on the way home. the next day it has a wondering idle (close to dying but doesnt) on top of that the engine service soon light came on. i connected my computer to find the code and it came up running lean can 1?.. Any suggestions? also when shifting from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd it feels like a 16 yr old girl trying to shift it hits so hard. Doesnt make since to me seeing how its the new dual clutch system. any help would be appreciated...
Old 03-26-2013, 12:15 AM

does it have any mods? or a tune?
Old 03-26-2013, 04:50 AM

Not sure if this is your problem, but it sounds like the fuel pressure regulator vacuum line has popped off. Pull the engine cover and check it. Mine did the same thing, where the idle would almost die, then oscillate between 5oo and 1200 rpms back and forth.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:42 PM

:lol:

Funny story. I remember on SoCalEvo telling this guy to zip tie all of his lines "especially the pesky Fuel Pressure Regulator line".

Mike W told him he's in time out for mods until the car is figured out. FPR does sound about right for a lean code. That or possible failed Fuel Relay...

Drew, wanna trade valve covers?
Evo X FMIC | MAP UICP | Evo X LICP | Evo X BPV | AEM Intake | AMS Boost Pill | GST Basemap Tuned by Razorlabs | RRM GRIP Springs | Oil Catch Tank | Agency Power Downpipe | Avid1 18x9 +35 Wheels | Project Kics R28 Lugs | AMS 3" Resonated Test Pipe | Ultimate Racing 3" Dual-Tip Catback | Zeitronix ZT-2 + ZR-2 Wideband/Boost gauge | Tomei Oil Cap | CF Engine Cover | CF Hood Struts | HKS Radiator Cap | Coming Soon: Evo X turbo upgrade
Old 04-20-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Not sure if this is your problem, but it sounds like the fuel pressure regulator vacuum line has popped off. Pull the engine cover and check it. Mine did the same thing, where the idle would almost die, then oscillate between 5oo and 1200 rpms back and forth.

thank you that was the problem. dam lil hose causing so much trouble.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deprydation View Post
:lol:

Funny story. I remember on SoCalEvo telling this guy to zip tie all of his lines "especially the pesky Fuel Pressure Regulator line".

Mike W told him he's in time out for mods until the car is figured out. FPR does sound about right for a lean code. That or possible failed Fuel Relay...

Drew, wanna trade valve covers?
ya that would be me. im off timeout now.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post

+1

I zip tie mine as well. Why the line doesn't come from the factory with a metal clip on each end I don't know.