ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > Miscellaneous > Off-topic
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2010, 11:22 PM

Default bye bye little Ralliart.

Yep, I traded the ra in for a 2006 rally red Evolution IX RS with only 22k miles on the clock. Sam at South Coast gave me such a great deal on the car, and bought the RA for a pretty decent price. I just couldn't pass it up.
Anyway this is a great forum, everyone here is helpful and polite. I hope to still be a part of it even though I not in the ra any longer. Here is a picture of the new steed.

ps- I have a bunch of stock parts if anyone need them, really cheep I'll post a thread later in the fs section.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geargrinder View Post
Yep, I traded the ra in for a 2006 rally red Evolution IX RS with only 22k miles on the clock. Sam at South Coast gave me such a great deal on the car, and bought the RA for a pretty decent price. I just couldn't pass it up.
Anyway this is a great forum, everyone here is helpful and polite. I hope to still be a part of it even though I not in the ra any longer. Here is a picture of the new steed.

ps- I have a bunch of stock parts if anyone need them, really cheep I'll post a thread later in the fs section.
SELL-OUT!!! TRAITOR!!!

read my post on socalevo...lol...
Old 07-24-2010, 07:09 AM

Thanks buddy!! I'll take that as a congratulations, lol.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

NICE RS! Congrats since you a ballah you should've kept the RA.
So what kind of deal did you get or is that top secret?
Any more pics??
Engine & Interior pics plz.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator

^I got a feeling He is gonna trade that RS in too, I give him about a year or two.
So what r your plans for the RS?
I understand & you're always welcome to this site.

That 2006 EVO IX RS should have been name 2006 IX Ralliart
& 2006 lancer ralliart should have been name 2006 GTS
stupid mitsu marketing team.

Because in 2008+ mitsu killed RS version & replaced with 2009 Ralliart..
Im sorry for your loss on the 09 Ralliart.

The only car I would trade my 09 Ralliart for is FQ400 (4mpg) nvm lol.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:00 AM

FQ400 FTMFW! In any case I've always felt that the 2006 RS is the purest and best Evolution to come to the states. It was serendipity for sure as I happened to be looking for an STI . For the most part buying a used Evolution is a gamble, especially RS's. They tend to be the ones that get raced to most. This one though is in really good shape, and low miles too. I'd say the only bad thing is I can smell that the car was owned by a smoker, and there was an attempt to cover it up with some kind of cleaner. I'm hoping a few days in the sun with the windows open will help.
Thanks for the kind words. I've always loved this car, glad I bought it, though I'm going to miss the transmission from the RA :'(
Old 07-24-2010, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
FQ400 FTMFW! In any case I've always felt that the 2006 RS is the purest and best Evolution to come to the states. It was serendipity for sure as I happened to be looking for an STI . For the most part buying a used Evolution is a gamble, especially RS's. They tend to be the ones that get raced to most. This one though is in really good shape, and low miles too. I'd say the only bad thing is I can smell that the car was owned by a smoker, and there was an attempt to cover it up with some kind of cleaner. I'm hoping a few days in the sun with the windows open will help.
Thanks for the kind words. I've always loved this car, glad I bought it, though I'm going to miss the transmission from the RA :'(
FQ400 is out of my budget. I wish..
Hey, sometime you choose the car & some times the car choose you.
For me, Ralliart chose me

I for one would like to hear more about your RS & your plans & experiences with your RS. I agree it being the purest EVO for sport. Are you gonna start autoXing?
Old 07-24-2010, 09:20 PM

I'm not really sure what I want to do yet. It's already lowered. I already have an appointment for tuning. Also, while digging around the garage today, I found an Apexi down pipe that mysteriously found it's way into my car already. Anyhow, I definitely want to keep it kind of stealth. As stealth as a fire engine red car can be
I did some driving today, and I have to say I had completely forgotten what it is like to be able to turn. Wow.
I'll keep this thread posted when things magically happen to the car
Old 07-25-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:

Oh dang it, just when I finally spotted ya, you go and sell the ralliart! Well, its been great having you and your car on the site - you've contributed a lot. I hope you will still stop by! I'm sure I'll see you at the meets though.

Definitely give me a heads up on parts/tires/wheels/etc...
Old 07-26-2010, 06:22 AM

without a doubt.