ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Tech Talk and Power Mods
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RALM View Post
Lol and thanks for your advice and inpute im not sure why you have compared me to the civic boys but it is what it is, my intercooler works great im getting the throttlebody an everything else on my list eventually. And yes once the cars warrenty is out of scoope the evo x turbo swap of some sort will be completed. I actaually enjoy your comments because it shows me that some of you guys go based soly on what you hear or read from our pears but i dont mind going around the trite form of group think. But seriously thanks
p.s. dont be surprised if you see and integra ITB set up on my wip lol
May I ask what you do for a living?

zeRep
Old 08-30-2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:
I actaually enjoy your comments because it shows me that some of you guys go based soly on what you hear or read from our pears
Got me. Sorry I have been listening to my pears

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL80m2yvwrY

Last edited by Drew; 08-30-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:14 PM

The turbo inlet part of the turbo on a RalliArt stock turbo is totally different from that of the EVO X turbo. Different diameter, different angle. All different. What ever you plan on making for the RalliArt turbo now, will not fit on an EVO X style turbo later.

The peoples here are wondering why bother to make a part that will make no significant difference for the effort now. Especially if you will be swapping the turbo later and have the part that you made that didnt really do anything now really really not do anything then since it will no longer fit...

Mike W
Old 08-31-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeRep85 View Post
May I ask what you do for a living?

zeRep
You can ask but sadly I cant tell you very much. Im a DOJ Contractor and thats all I can say please dont ask what I do agian, no offense.
Injen SRI, UR UICP & LICP, UR 4.5 IC, COBB AP custome stg 2 tune, 3in TBE, Whiteline front strut bar, RRM rear strut bar, tint, roof spoiler, 2.5 turbo compressor outlet pipe, AMS BOV, AMS Boost Pill, TWE Catch Can, Megan Racing Coil Overs

Future Engine and Tranny Mods:
Water Meth Kit
SSP Oil Cooler
Fan for Stock Trans Cooler w/ washable filter

Future Suspension Mods:
Sway Bars
Rear Diff Bushing Kit
Cusco 4 or 5 pt Brace
Front Cross Member
Old 08-31-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Got me. Sorry I have been listening to my pears

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL80m2yvwrY
lol its not your fault. Ok so maybe it is just a little bit.
Injen SRI, UR UICP & LICP, UR 4.5 IC, COBB AP custome stg 2 tune, 3in TBE, Whiteline front strut bar, RRM rear strut bar, tint, roof spoiler, 2.5 turbo compressor outlet pipe, AMS BOV, AMS Boost Pill, TWE Catch Can, Megan Racing Coil Overs

Water Meth Kit
SSP Oil Cooler

Future Suspension Mods:
Sway Bars
Rear Diff Bushing Kit
Cusco 4 or 5 pt Brace
Front Cross Member
Old 08-31-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeW-RRE View Post
The turbo inlet part of the turbo on a RalliArt stock turbo is totally different from that of the EVO X turbo. Different diameter, different angle. All different. What ever you plan on making for the RalliArt turbo now, will not fit on an EVO X style turbo later.

The peoples here are wondering why bother to make a part that will make no significant difference for the effort now. Especially if you will be swapping the turbo later and have the part that you made that didnt really do anything now really really not do anything then since it will no longer fit...

Mike W
I stand corrected, and that was a great insite. But I know you did not forget that piping can be modified. But just incase anyone did lets say I did decide to modify the inlet pipe on my RA turbo and i purchase the x turbo or better the piped I purchasse can be modidfied with a nuckle or so and bam its done so whats the big deal?

Water Meth Kit
SSP Oil Cooler

Future Suspension Mods:
Sway Bars
Rear Diff Bushing Kit
Cusco 4 or 5 pt Brace
Front Cross Member
Old 08-31-2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:
I stand corrected, and that was a great insite. But I know you did not forget that piping can be modified. But just incase anyone did lets say I did decide to modify the inlet pipe on my RA turbo and i purchase the x turbo or better the piped I purchasse can be modidfied with a nuckle or so and bam its done so whats the big deal?
You answered your own question.

Great.

Now please admins close the thread :|
Old 08-31-2012, 10:02 AM

I agree, its solved I have asked, searched and gainded what i needed thanks to you all so lock it up and toss the key.

Water Meth Kit
SSP Oil Cooler

Future Suspension Mods:
Sway Bars
Rear Diff Bushing Kit
Cusco 4 or 5 pt Brace
Front Cross Member
Old 08-31-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
I agree, its solved I have asked, searched and gainded what i needed thanks to you all so lock it up and toss the key.
Yes, you have been told MANY times that this will provide ZERO benefit, even though you think we are a bunch of sheeple following what we have heard on forums. It is simple physics. The RA turbocharger is a door at the end of a hallway. You are trying to widen your hallway, completely ignorant to the fact that you still can't fit anymore people through the door. In any event, it is your RalliArt type R, so let us know how it turns out.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:26 AM

but really, going back

why would you buy an intake that doesn't replace the turbo inlet piping?

you have the intake filter, the intake tubing, then the tubing ends at the turbo

wtf kind of ripoff is an intake that only does 1 or 1.5 of the above?