ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 08-30-2014, 06:59 PM

Default Engine Light on Dash

Being new to Ralliart I would like to know how many sensors feed back to the ECM.

The engine light would go on for what type of errors??

Is there a way to view ECM data??

What is the most frequent problems with the 2009 Ralliarts????
Old 09-23-2014, 09:47 AM

here are the issues I encountered so far, I'm at ~85,000 miles with my 09:

- Stretched timing chain at around 40k miles, replaced under warranty and I'm hoping it doesn't come back since I'm out of warranty now and the whole job would cost thousands of dollars.

- ACD pump died. Still dead. Not covered by any warranty and don't have $2k to replace it. You don't need it, you just lose a differential.

- All your tire valve shells will get oxidoized and cracked. I replaced one at my local tire shop and they pointed out that all of them are pretty much cracked.

- SST transmission jerks a bit accelerating at low gears and makes some weird noise when coming to a stop. I really don't know how long these new transmissions will last. I just hope they will last long enough for me to get rid of the car.

- Weird valve noises when I start my car. When the engine warms up the noises go away.

- The carbon-fiber looking pieces of trim inside the car? they will fade and look like crap.

- Paint on side mirrors (mine's white) started fading after a year.

It's a great car and very fun to drive especially in snow. But my 03 Hyundai Tiburon (with 186k miles) beats it by a mile in terms of build quality and reliability.
- 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GTV6 Obsidian Black
www.newtiburon.com

- 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart Wicked White
www.clubralliart.com

- 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T R-Spec Karussel White
http://www.gencoupe.com/

Last edited by Heliart; 09-23-2014 at 09:51 AM.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:35 AM
Regional Moderator

I feel ya brother, it's a complicated toy. Mines got some issues as well.. But, it's still a fun car.

minimal partial rolls $60(no tab grinding)

So cal fender roller rental $10 per day(3 day min) with $200 cash deposit. Includes Eastwood fender roller, heat gun and heavyweight carry bag.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markspd6 View Post
I feel ya brother, it's a complicated toy. Mines got some issues as well.. But, it's still a fun car.
Very complicated!
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 09-25-2014, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliart View Post
here are the issues I encountered so far, I'm at ~85,000 miles with my 09:

- Stretched timing chain at around 40k miles, replaced under warranty and I'm hoping it doesn't come back since I'm out of warranty now and the whole job would cost thousands of dollars.

- ACD pump died. Still dead. Not covered by any warranty and don't have $2k to replace it. You don't need it, you just lose a differential.

- All your tire valve shells will get oxidoized and cracked. I replaced one at my local tire shop and they pointed out that all of them are pretty much cracked.

- SST transmission jerks a bit accelerating at low gears and makes some weird noise when coming to a stop. I really don't know how long these new transmissions will last. I just hope they will last long enough for me to get rid of the car.

- Weird valve noises when I start my car. When the engine warms up the noises go away.

- The carbon-fiber looking pieces of trim inside the car? they will fade and look like crap.

- Paint on side mirrors (mine's white) started fading after a year.

It's a great car and very fun to drive especially in snow. But my 03 Hyundai Tiburon (with 186k miles) beats it by a mile in terms of build quality and reliability.
I didnt know timing chain is covered under warranty.
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 09-26-2014, 03:15 PM

I wasn't sure and I was very worried...but they did cover it....they pretty much had to take apart the whole lower half of the engine to replace it because the invoice listed a loooong llist of parts and services done...
- 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GTV6 Obsidian Black
www.newtiburon.com

- 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart Wicked White
www.clubralliart.com

- 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T R-Spec Karussel White
http://www.gencoupe.com/
Old 09-27-2014, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliart View Post
I wasn't sure and I was very worried...but they did cover it....they pretty much had to take apart the whole lower half of the engine to replace it because the invoice listed a loooong llist of parts and services done...
Strange, I thought to replace timing chain you have to remove the top head(cover) of the engine.

Tuned by TJ

Tags
ecm, engine, fault, problems