ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 04-12-2011, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

^ Thank you, that's what I was looking for. That looks awesome! I'm sold on the rolled tips then. BTW... which setup do you have for the catback? Factory, resonated or both resonated and mini muffled?
Old 04-12-2011, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoZero View Post
^ Thank you, that's what I was looking for. That looks awesome! I'm sold on the rolled tips then. BTW... which setup do you have for the catback? Factory, resonated or both resonated and mini muffled?
i just have the UR muffler. I just got my tax return yesterday so maybe i'll get the mid pipe
Old 04-12-2011, 01:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to Mkid Send a message via MSN to Mkid Send a message via Yahoo to Mkid

You got a sound clip? I'm thinking of going just muffler too since I don't want it too loud and I'm not going for high power.
D2 RS Coilovers
Evo X FMIC
Ultimate Racing turbo-back
400HP clutches from Jack's
AEM Intake

My Car Thread

From Florida? Click here!
Old 04-12-2011, 02:09 PM

We all know how hard it is to accurately capture the sound of an exhaust but here are some clips. It's definitely not as loud as the videos make it.

Old 04-13-2011, 02:19 PM

Hey guys. I've had the UR Axleback for several months now and I'm quite satisfied. The aggressive, deep tone sounds great and although it's a little on the loud side, I don't mind it. However, at highway speeds (60mph-75mph) the drone was unbearable for those in the back. It was almost impossible to have a conversation without yelling at each other.

Over the weekend, I recently installed the UR cat-back with the resonator and mini-muffler options. I'm extremely pleased with the in-cabin noise as the drone is no longer there [even at highway speeds]! The loudness of the exhaust has also decreased in-cabin. The best part is that from outside it sounds the same, if not better!

For those who enjoy a rather quiet in-cabin with no drone while still producing the deep aggressive tone from the outside, I def recommend both the resonator and mini-muffler.

Hope this answers some questions.

Last edited by jRox; 04-13-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jRox View Post
Hey guys. I've had the UR Axleback for several months now and I'm quite satisfied. The aggressive, deep tone sounds great and although it's a little on the loud side, I don't mind it. However, at highway speeds (60mph-75mph) the drone was unbearable for those in the back. It was almost impossible to have a conversation without yelling at each other.

Over the weekend, I recently installed the UR cat-back with the resonator and mini-muffler options. I'm extremely pleased with the in-cabin noise as the drone is no longer there [even at highway speeds]! The loudness of the exhaust has also decreased in-cabin. The best part is that from outside it sounds the same, if not better!

For those who enjoy a rather quiet in-cabin with no drone while still producing the deep aggressive tone from the outside, I def recommend both the resonator and mini-muffler.

Hope this answers some questions.
Fantastic! I was waiting for someone to comment on the system from two different variants including the full catback with resonator and mini muffler. So you say the outside tone never decreased at all? I would like to have it decently quiet on the inside but nice and aggressive yet a little louder than stock on the outside.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to Mkid Send a message via MSN to Mkid Send a message via Yahoo to Mkid

Great, you just gave me a reason to spend more money. lol
D2 RS Coilovers
Evo X FMIC
Ultimate Racing turbo-back
400HP clutches from Jack's
AEM Intake

My Car Thread

From Florida? Click here!
Old 04-17-2011, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoZero View Post
Fantastic! I was waiting for someone to comment on the system from two different variants including the full catback with resonator and mini muffler. So you say the outside tone never decreased at all? I would like to have it decently quiet on the inside but nice and aggressive yet a little louder than stock on the outside.
Yep, I'm pretty sure it sounds the same on the outside. I've asked a couple friends who ride with me on the daily and they've said the same. It's most def much quieter on the inside than with just the axleback, that's for sure. It still has in-cabin 'loudness.' But the drone is gone which was my main concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkid View Post
Great, you just gave me a reason to spend more money. lol
Hahaha, ooops!
Old 04-17-2011, 12:26 PM

Personally, i don't mind the drone and i very rarely have any passengers in my car. If they can't deal with the exhaust, then they have 2 legs and can walk to their destination.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:14 PM

Here's a little vid of the resonator + mini-muffler:
http://youtu.be/kzVrl43keHA?hd=1