ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 07-14-2011, 09:00 PM

Default Car sounds on while it's off?

So wired crazy question, but I'd like to see if any one can shead some light on this. When I turn my car on and go somewhere and stop put in park lift the hand break up turn the car off some times it sounds like it's still on I haven't timed it how long it does that for but it does it and then it'll shut off. I know wired question but it happen. Should I take it to someone to have a look at it or not worry about it it doest happen everytime I go somewhere I feel like it happens more when I have the a/c on and for get to turn it off.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:07 PM

when you turn the ralliart off (take the key out) the engine stays running for 1 or 2 seconds then shuts off. this is normal IF its what you are talking about

Smoked Lights, Vortex Generator, Red Mitsu Logos, XXR 522 18x9.5 et38, Falken fk452 235/40/18, Rally Armor Mudflaps, UR Cat Back, UR High Flow Cat, UR Downpipe, Ur UICP, AMS Intercooler, Defi Racer Boost Gauge, Defi Racer Oil Temperature Gauge, Eibach Sportlines, Rexpeed CF Hood Dampers, Rexpeed A-Pillar Gauge Pod, Rexpeed CF Duckbill Lip Spoiler
Old 07-14-2011, 10:17 PM

Also if you drive your car briskly then turn it off without having a cool down period. The thermostatically controlled fans kick in even after you have taken the keys out of the ignition and walked away. They will keep going until the temperature at the thermal sensor under the hood drops below the predetermined value.

My buddy said that's cool that your car comes with a factory turbo timer. Call it what you want but your right it does sound like the car is still running with those fans blasting away under the hood.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:33 AM
Super Moderator

^+1 Mine does this when it is hot. Its just fans to keep it cool.
Sometimes it can be up to a few minutes.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:58 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

I have yet for mine to get so hot that the fans still run after the ignition is turned off.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:32 PM

Mine did this one time too. Kind of worried me at first haha. Only thing is that its not really like a turbo timer keeping the car on to cool the oil in the lines it just cools the engine down. This is what I took from another thread. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.