ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 11-30-2010, 11:12 AM

Im very interested in this as well...Ive been waiting for a Ralliart specific turbo kit!
Old 12-01-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeRep85 View Post
I dont know about that...

According to Chad's thread on EvoM he is already looking for volunteers!

zeRep
True! I must've spoken too soon.

Last edited by jRox; 12-02-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:07 AM
Super Moderator

Sounds interesting...
Old 01-18-2011, 02:22 PM

Default Update!!

This is the latest straight from chad at CBRD....

"the exhaust was built, as was a ralliart specific 3" MAF/filter setup (very cost effective)..

The car is on the dyno now... and I will post pictures and results shortly!

The turbos are spec'd out and being tested!

We have two options on the CBRD RAD (RalliArt Designated) turbos..

The first is: RAD lite

Billet Compressor, Actuator, and clipped turbine

Second is: RAD Full (limited supply issues)

Billet Compressor, Actuator, and Titanium Aluminide Turbine

Pricing has been established and will be released shortly!

I am going to try to offer core exchanges on this turbo since the quantity wont be as great (as far as how many we build, because the Ralliart isnt a HUGE market)

Also-

We are building a more cost effective FMIC (than using our evo X core which is HUGE and expensive)....

That should also be done this week!

We would like to offer packages with the following:

CBRD RAD turbo
CBRD FMIC
CBRD Intake
CBRD IC pipes
CBRD Recommended injectors
CBRD/Razorlab basemaps

Cheers

cb"
[X] DC Sports dual Cat back
[X] RAD lite (uninstalled)
[ ] Custome Tune
Old 01-18-2011, 02:52 PM

This sounds very promising!^^^^
I was set on going the X turbo route but now im going to hold out a bit to see where this goes...
Old 01-18-2011, 04:17 PM

wow im so excited this is going through. keep us posted, i want to know when i can buy one of these babys

Smoked Lights, Vortex Generator, Red Mitsu Logos, XXR 522 18x9.5 et38, Falken fk452 235/40/18, Rally Armor Mudflaps, UR Cat Back, UR High Flow Cat, UR Downpipe, Ur UICP, AMS Intercooler, Defi Racer Boost Gauge, Defi Racer Oil Temperature Gauge, Eibach Sportlines, Rexpeed CF Hood Dampers, Rexpeed A-Pillar Gauge Pod, Rexpeed CF Duckbill Lip Spoiler
Old 01-18-2011, 06:05 PM

Man looks like I am gonna have to work lots of O.T and be real nice to the wife for the next 6 months LOL !
Old 01-18-2011, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
Man looks like I am gonna have to work lots of O.T and be real nice to the wife for the next 6 months LOL !
LMAO! Yes, be nice to the wife. Maybe she will pay for it. Negotiate,.. use your mouth, I mean.. use your negotiation skills. lol.

"Second is: RAD Full (limited supply issues)
Billet Compressor, Actuator, and Titanium Aluminide Turbine"

If thats true I gonna start collecting cans.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:46 AM

Default More updates

the latest from CBRD...

ok guys...

did some retuning last night with the RA... Here are the mods on the car at present:

CBRD EVO X Fmic
CBRD RA specific 3" Short ram Bell mouth intake
CBRD Custom Catback exhaust with 3" piping, Vband, and Quad Tips, resonator and muffler
CBRD Resonated Test pipe

Razorlab basemap, retuned by CBRD, with SST tweaks by Razorlab and Jon Drenas,.

STOCK IC pipes, Stock Inlet tube, Stock boost solenoid and pill, Stock manifold, turbo, downpipe, etc...

The highest uncorrected (non smoothed) numbers were 249whp/279 wtq at 19.5 psi...

I had to tweak the SST tables to keep the clutch packs from slipping at peak torque... but otherwise I tried to rescale the maf, to get the AFR close to what it was before... timing was not changed nor were boost tables or Mivec tables... (from before the catback and intake)..

Here are some overlays: (being added)

Today we are building our Ralliart Specific Front Mount Intercooler. The EVO X FMIC is just slightly too big, as it pushes down on the undertray bolts... which I wasnt happy with. I also feel it is slight overkill (its a BIG fmic).... so we are building another intercooler utilizing a Garrett Core that is slightly smaller (about 2" shorter run length, 1.5" shorter height, and .4" thinner)... still rated for 750 hp....

This should allow us to have a slightly better price point and still EASILY support 500whp... it will also be slightly lighter!

We are also doing Ralliart Specific Intercooler pipes today (our evo X Cold charge pipe is 2.75" which will create an issue if people want to run the bigger trans oil pans etc).... so this one will be 2.5"

I will post pics shortly and more details!

cheers

cb

My goal for the full upgrade is apprx 320whp... 340-360 wtq......

The main goal was to create an upgrade for the STOCK turbo that allowed you to make slightly better than evo X OEM turbo power...

asking to make the power of a BBX lite or similar is just too out of the question, as the turbo housing is not big enough to allow us to fit compressor and turbine wheels of that size.

Obviously the expense of going with this upgrade will be much less than purchasing a used X turbo... manifold.. o2 housing... coolant/oil lines.. intake, relocate the battery...etc....

Cheers

cb
[X] DC Sports dual Cat back
[X] RAD lite (uninstalled)
[ ] Custome Tune
Old 01-19-2011, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipeRA View Post
...The EVO X FMIC is just slightly too big, as it pushes down on the undertray bolts... which I wasnt happy with. I also feel it is slight overkill (its a BIG fmic).... so we are building another intercooler utilizing a Garrett Core that is slightly smaller (about 2" shorter run length, 1.5" shorter height, and .4" thinner)... still rated for 750 hp....

The main goal was to create an upgrade for the STOCK turbo that allowed you to make slightly better than evo X OEM turbo power...

asking to make the power of a BBX lite or similar is just too out of the question, as the turbo housing is not big enough to allow us to fit compressor and turbine wheels of that size.

Obviously the expense of going with this upgrade will be much less than purchasing a used X turbo... manifold.. o2 housing... coolant/oil lines.. intake, relocate the battery...etc....

Cheers

cb
Evo X FMIC was perfect fit for me...No problem bolt right up did it at my friends driveway with his tools. No problems with clearance either..

Better than evo x turbo power? idk... Evo X is bigger housing...

Not gonna be as fast as BBX lite?

& the last part, cheaper than Evo X turbo & upgrade? depends if you buy it new or used.. You dont need to relocate the battery if you talk to Mike W@RRE he can fab up "inlet elbow" for Evo X turbo & RA intake. Wutangmo15 has one. +1 for Mike W@RRE