ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 07-12-2012, 04:03 PM

Default 2012 ralliart hesitation from dead stop

My Ralliart is completely stock (for now), what is it about this car that causes a major hesitation from a dead stop??? I have owned this car for 4 months now and it now has 700 miles on it. I thought maybe something would change after a brief break-in period, but nothing. I am not trying to compare the car to my modified 6.1L Charger, but from a stoplight, it just seem that the car hesitates to try and go for what seems like a few seconds. Is this normal? What fixes this problem?
Old 07-12-2012, 06:22 PM

What you're probably refering to is the turbo lag, this car gets virtually all its real power from its turbo. Its why lots of what people do to improve performance in this car is reducing turbo lag. I suggest getting a solid UICP, the stock one is a woven one that expands when the turbo kicks in and causes massive turbo lag. There is lots more you can do, but that's what I did first
Old 07-12-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger6.1L View Post
My Ralliart is completely stock (for now), what is it about this car that causes a major hesitation from a dead stop??? I have owned this car for 4 months now and it now has 700 miles on it. I thought maybe something would change after a brief break-in period, but nothing. I am not trying to compare the car to my modified 6.1L Charger, but from a stoplight, it just seem that the car hesitates to try and go for what seems like a few seconds. Is this normal? What fixes this problem?
Explain a bit more what is happening

are you WOT?

are you in normal mode? manual? auto?

zeRep
Old 07-12-2012, 08:45 PM

Yes, the car is pretty gutless w/o boost. Also, we have no control of how the clutches are let out, so you get a bit of pause there too, especially under normal driving conditions (not WOT).

2010 WW Sedan
Custom RRE ABE
Cosworth Drop-in Filter
EvoX FMIC and UICP
ExoX BOV
Old 07-12-2012, 09:11 PM

That is lag indeed, they call that the calm before the storm. You might want to replace any of the plastic pieces of your car, the lower inter-cooler pipe is one of them. I am getting CAI, UICP, and a LICP in so hopefully there is a good change.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:38 AM

Yep turbo lag.. the car is practically a lancer before the turbo kicks in. There's a rumor about S-Sport mode and LC being available.. if we get that in our cars.... POW! But if you really want to reduce the lag is prob best to get a tune as well.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAbOS View Post
Yes, the car is pretty gutless w/o boost. Also, we have no control of how the clutches are let out, so you get a bit of pause there too, especially under normal driving conditions (not WOT).

^^ That's not a very true statement.

You can set how aggressive you want the SST to engage hence my Car is pretty aggressive. The Lag he's talking about isn't TURBO lag. It's the when the ECU + SST agree to how much throttle you give it. LMAO RA and lag is one thing I thought I was never read as far as stock turbo.

IF you guys think the Stock RA turbo has lag, your in a world of hurt when going to a Bigger turbo. Even as Simple as an Evo X.

OP, If you apply too much throttle off the line on the stock SST maps, they tend to slip into gear not reacting to how the car should perform. For a Free tip, if you apply too much throttle and you feel as your not going anywhere, simply ease of the gas and the car will go.

Please visit EvoM and go to the Ralliart section and see how were are breaking through the SST codes/tables and gaining a better understanding to how the SST works and Performs.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:15 AM

Send a message via MSN to hackerrei Send a message via Yahoo to hackerrei

It could be the sst that he is talking about but also AWD are not off the line type cars they are more of a from a roll type car. AWD grip where other cars could spin tires so when you go from a stop the lsd and sawc make the car kinda lerch forward before you go to get the tires moving. It did that in my ra and now in the X GSR I can drop the clutch and punch the gas from a stop and the car just cost a sec then boom the lsd lets there be grip thats with traction on and tarmac try with out traction and in snow that is 50 50 power front rear then you should get of line pretty fast or smoke some balding tires because regular tires will just grip.

Look up in evolutionm how to get off the line fast there are a bunch about these both GSR and MR on all years it a AWD thing.

Good luck and enjoy the car it's great.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKennyBody View Post
^.
OP, If you apply too much throttle off the line on the stock SST maps, they tend to slip into gear not reacting to how the car should perform. For a Free tip, if you apply too much throttle and you feel as your not going anywhere, simply ease of the gas and the car will go.
Well said.

The RA is my first car with a turbo, and coming from a near-400hp normally aspirated V8, I had to learn to roll onto the throttle. Try to imagine there is a large spring under the pedal, forcing you to depress it in a more slow and gradual manner.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKennyBody View Post
^^ That's not a very true statement.

You can set how aggressive you want the SST to engage hence my Car is pretty aggressive. The Lag he's talking about isn't TURBO lag. It's the when the ECU + SST agree to how much throttle you give it. LMAO RA and lag is one thing I thought I was never read as far as stock turbo.

IF you guys think the Stock RA turbo has lag, your in a world of hurt when going to a Bigger turbo. Even as Simple as an Evo X.

Please visit EvoM and go to the Ralliart section and see how were are breaking through the SST codes/tables and gaining a better understanding to how the SST works and Performs.
This mofo knows.

zeRep