ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 03-22-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil03 View Post
the gts suspension is the same.... but if you do the coilovers made for the GTS you will blow out the rear is matter of months if you drive hard daily... i know i have test fitted them for megan... the weight of the RA is much heavier then the GTS and i took them out in 3 months.... auto x it 2 times only... megan has not made a coilover for the RA yet... we are still working on it...
good info thx
Old 03-22-2011, 01:15 PM

With lowering springs you lose suspension travel. You will bottom out more. When the suspension in into the bump stops, you have essentially no springs. You lose traction. Lowering springs are ~ok for the price when your shocks are all brand new. Once your shocks (struts) start to get tired, you feel it more. I am at that point with my own RalliArt now. Time for coil overs. If anyone wants to feel what lowering springs feel like on tired 25k mile stock struts, come on down for a test drive. Not horrible, not perfect either.

When you buy coil overs, you are also buying new shock absorbers (struts). Typically they are also adjustable to your own likeing. If they ge a bit tired over time, you can crank them a little stiffer to compensate. The body length can also be adjusted to be shorter. You wont hit the bump stops and the shock absorber part wont bottom out. THis also means that your wheels will be traveling further up into the wheel well. Depending on your tire size you might need to spend some time clearancing things up in there.

Mike W