Speak for yourself....I ALWAYS buy my prescription drugs on the street
Old 09-28-2011, 10:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstevojr View Post
Speak for yourself....I ALWAYS buy my prescription drugs on the street
You have Michelle Dean as your avatar. lol
Old 09-28-2011, 10:57 PM

Thanks for the feed back everyone. I am looking for reccomendations for an Evo X exhaust manifold as the car will be seeing track time at least a couple weekends a month starting 2013.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:06 PM

Megan makes a Evo X manifold that is pretty inexpensive, how good the quality is, i don't know.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1llar View Post
Megan makes a Evo X manifold that is pretty inexpensive, how good the quality is, i don't know.
That's actually the one I was referring to earlier that had welding issues and have broken.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:31 AM

I have had a Tomioka Racing manifold on my RalliArt since June with no issues so far. I ran an MXP manifold for about a year with no problems. Both are about $600 however.

Megan gets a bad rap mostly. They sell the same stuff as many other pretend Japanese companies that actually get their stuff out of China. They are a local company and have customer service people that respond to concerns in a genuine manner. But I saw two of their 4B11 manifolds have pieces come off internally that cost a motor. One on our dyno on a brand new motor. Talk about a sad EVO owner. Took the offending part to Megan personally, showed them what happened and why. They stopped selling them right away.

Mike W
Old 09-30-2011, 07:23 PM

Mike does the Tomioka exhaust manifold you have exceed or have a better torque and HP curve and if so where in the powerband and by how much? Looking for something with more mid to top end as I have to feather the throttle when launching at the drag strip it would be nice to see some higher top end speeds.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:46 PM

I put it on with my BBX lite. I dont have back to back performance data. I had the MXP tubular exhaust manifold on a stock EVO X turbo and didnt see a noticeable difference vs similar cars with a stock manifold. A swoopy tubular manifold isnt going to really shine unless you have cams and an upgraded turbo and running high boost at the top end. Until then it is just good looks and heating everything else up under the hood. You can put the stock exhaust manifold heat shield over it. But then you cant see it.

I have run both manifolds on my own car more as a long term reliability test since I got them cheap. I'd hate to sell one to someone and then have it fail. We install most everything we sell and do very little mail order. If I recommend a part it had better work well. While the manufacturer would warranty the part, I eat the labor if you were doing what I told you to do :-P If a guy is dragging parts in from every corner of the internet and from china, then that is on him when it all goes to shit. Like the dude that had the Megan manifold die and kill the motor. Imagine if I had told him to buy it!

Otherwise tubular exhaust manifolds make more sense on a big turbo & cammed built motor rowdy E-85 EVO X GSR. On a RalliArt they are more window dressing (not that there is anything wrong with that).

Mike W