ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 11-19-2009, 06:46 PM

Default First Post: Questions

Just picked up my 2010 RALLIART last night .

I have a general question I was hoping someone could answer. I got the basic radio w/ bluetooth in the car and I already know I want DVD/NAV upgrade. Is it possible to get an aftermarket DVD/NAV that will integrate with the stock bluetooth?
Old 11-19-2009, 09:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010RALLIART View Post
Just picked up my 2010 RALLIART last night .

I have a general question I was hoping someone could answer. I got the basic radio w/ bluetooth in the car and I already know I want DVD/NAV upgrade. Is it possible to get an aftermarket DVD/NAV that will integrate with the stock bluetooth?
I got my RA with Mitsu Nav. it works with BT. Im sure every Nav now a days has BT as long as you got your Pairing code it will be fine.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:29 AM

Why not go for an aftermarket navi that does not need to replace the factory head unit? I personally didn't get the Mitsubishi navi since it wouldn't display traffic conditions. I don't know if that's hanged for 2010 models though.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackBeast View Post
Why not go for an aftermarket navi that does not need to replace the factory head unit? I personally didn't get the Mitsubishi navi since it wouldn't display traffic conditions. I don't know if that's hanged for 2010 models though.
I set it to avoid certain areas. No traffic conditions you're right. I notice some businesses & addresses listing have to be updated & map need update for certain areas but its pretty fast with the calculations though.

Its came with 40Gb HD to record CDs on the HD. Which is very convenient for me since my old school no color 20gb Ipod cant hold a charge anymore. which is now in a paper weight mode...

Touch screen with some pretty cool features.. maybe I'll take some pictures after work.

Im trying find out how to hack the Nav to unlock Video while moving. and some other features.. I've seen an Evo X with one that hacked it, sweet!
Old 11-20-2009, 01:32 PM

I know when I had aftermarket navi in my last car, it is just an extra wire wire to sense if the car is in drive or not. It tied into the parking brake. By default, if it was activated (i.e. - stopped), it would play video, deactivated (i.e. - moving) it would not play video. Hacked they bypassed it. Apparently it senses for a grounding caused by pulling up on the brake handle to a sensor. I suppose if you could figure out what motivates the factory one, it would be just as simple to hack.

Tags
bluetooth dvd nav