ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 12-20-2014, 06:48 PM

Default Sst fluid and filter

I just wanted to give my opinion about sst fluid change at 30k miles. I did this service to my 2011 ralliart at 30k today. Before performing this service I read about other peoples experience here and in evonet. Ok it is not necessary to perform this service at 30k unless you race the car frequently. When I drain the oil it looked very clear with no eye visible metal parts but the filter was dark. By the way I drive about 40% city, 60% and I also let the vehicle idle for 3 to 5 min before driving it.
Old 12-21-2014, 09:14 AM

Well I guess I am going to chime in on this. I am going onto my 6th year with my car this coming spring and I have driven it hard and raced it every year. By this I mean on the track, time attack, on the strip 1/4 mile, off road SCCA Rally Events and Ice racing on over a dozen frozen lakes up here at -30 degrees C.

I have not had any transmission issues other than it getting too hot the first couple years at certain events before removing the fog lights and adding JDP carbon fiber ducts and upgrading to the bigger AMS Trans cooler with monster fan.

Simply change your fluid and filter every spring, every year regardless of mileage.
It's that simple.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
Well I guess I am going to chime in on this. I am going onto my 6th year with my car this coming spring and I have driven it hard and raced it every year. By this I mean on the track, time attack, on the strip 1/4 mile, off road SCCA Rally Events and Ice racing on over a dozen frozen lakes up here at -30 degrees C.

I have not had any transmission issues other than it getting too hot the first couple years at certain events before removing the fog lights and adding JDP carbon fiber ducts and upgrading to the bigger AMS Trans cooler with monster fan.

Simply change your fluid and filter every spring, every year regardless of mileage.
It's that simple.
^this x100,000

Just buy the fluid in bulk and a lifetime filter;

http://www.sspperformance.com/evo-x-...on-filter.html

zeRep
Old 12-25-2014, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post

It's that simple.
I agree with you but this service is not necessary every year if the vehicle is mainly a daily driver and not race frequently