ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Drivetrain

View Poll Results: How would you rate the Ralliarts SST transmission shift quality?
It shifts smooth to me 16 30.77%
It shifts rough to me 5 9.62%
It could use improvement 9 17.31%
I think it's just right 22 42.31%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2010, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan@gst View Post
That all can be changed... Working on it now..

- Bryan
Waiting Patiently & saving my money for it.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 Rallihead Sportback View Post
not really, first you have to build up all the boost that you lost when you left off the gas, which you didn't have to do, notice the difference when you let off,... you feel a drop in performance, but if u keep your foot on the gas and shift, like you supposed to its the same power through out the gears.. so its not worth it to let off the gas, besides its not a manual where you have to let off the gas and disengage the clutch and reengage, our gearbox is more automatic then it is manual.. i mean really the concept of the trans is similar to any car that has a sporttronic mode in, meaning the + - that allow you to change gears when ever you wont. reminds me of my 08 eclipse thou it was slower..
Im not talking about of speed or turbo. Im just saying, previous post about TC-SST Shifting rough. You can shift through WOT without letting off but your clutches will not be too happy with the heat in a long run or your Turbo & many other parts from excessive heat & abuse.

My point is at normal driving 25mph to 45mph speed range I dont think you would want to put your clutches through that kind of torture test.
Different Driving habits for different folks.

I do my share of driving hard on my RA on the track but not all the time. Its a Daily Driven but it gets it share of track time.

You cant call it sportstronic because they had a torque converter just like an auto. & it based on Twin "Clutch" means its a manual first made into auto because most people are not as good as CPU in Clutch control. Some people can drive their stock clutch for 150,000 miles. some only 50,000 miles.

Last edited by MTZL; 04-12-2010 at 10:05 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmboi View Post
it shifts good and smooth but the only thing I don't like about it has a little bit of a lag......other then that its cool..........
well, rather have our time of lagg, which is practically nothing or an Evo's lagg?
Old 04-23-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTZL View Post
You cant call it sportstronic because they had a torque converter just like an auto. & it based on Twin "Clutch" means its a manual first made into auto because most people are not as good as CPU in Clutch control. Some people can drive their stock clutch for 150,000 miles. some only 50,000 miles.
How can I not call it a "Sporttronic" when it's in the name "SST" (Sportronic Shift Transmission)
Old 07-01-2010, 07:25 PM

i love it!!!! now, remember this are aggressive cars, and they perform as such.
i took for a spin a couple of my friends which they own wrx's, they drop there jaws when they felt the big pull when i floored the gas:. all i got was praises from them. and this is coming from wrx owners