ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 03-27-2011, 07:58 PM

Well If I can't find a bodyshop who will do it and within the next 3 weeks I guess I will be buying some alcohol and pulling out the heatgun, hammer and dolly and maybe rubber mallet and having a go at it my self next weekend.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator

I say go look for a fender roller, buy it, use it & return it.
You will still need heat gun & maybe alcohol too.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:56 PM

Ok Maybe some of you are not getting the point here. No one in these parts seems to know about fender rolling here. Can't even find people who work at bodyshops willing to take this on. No one up here has even heard that there is actually a tool made to do it. There is no place to rent and return it because according to some people I am making this up. It's like going back in a time machine before the invention of the phone and asking if I can borrow one to make a call.

I am at my wits end and the cheapest I could find a fender roller was on Ebay for 200 dollars and don't even know if it would be shipped here in time for me to use it.

So unless a miracle happens I will be forced to either put my stock rims back on which suck on the track or try and hammer away at them and worry about the damage later. Not Fun, sorry just feeling a little helpless, wish we had the resources of all you guys that live in the Unites States that most of you seem to have a custom shop of some sort near you, that you can go to.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:31 PM

Instead of using a hammer,just get a small baseball bat.you will need another person th back the car up slowely.Just stick the bat in the front of the tire and back up very slowely.rolling the bat with the tire.Gradually you will roll the fenders.its not the best method of rolling but its the next best thing to a roller.Go on you tube and you can see tons of videos of people rolling exactly like i said.

-If you have acces to a roller than just use a roller but for those who dont have acces to a roller this is a good alternative.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:18 PM

Sorry you are responding to an OLD post way back in March of this year. Had them rolled using the Eastwood Company fender rolling tool which cost me a $200 refundable deposit then $ 50.00 to rent the rolling tool then took it to the bodyshop for them to use. Which they did but cracked paint all along the arch on both sides.

Same said body shop told me they can fix this if I pay them $700.00 because they would have to repaint both rear fenders and both back doors in order to match paint and have the clearcoat done properly.

What I really need is just something to rust proof and touch them up to seal metal and prevent them from rust starting. Links to any products etc.. would be great as I am not a automotive painter by any means.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:28 PM

I had my fenders rolled and when we rolled them we had to remove that rubber strip.After the fenders were rolled i painted the inside of the fender that had no paint with rustoleum primer.It says it seals and prevents rust.I used flat black and followed with clear coat.Honestly painted like that the only way anyone can even tell the paint is different is to get up close and really look at it hard. Im not an expert but This is what i did and im a perfectionist.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:30 PM

Did the paint that split crack further over time?