ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > Miscellaneous > Off-topic

Old 03-09-2012, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero
Default Any firearm owners in here?

I didn't know if there was a thread already started that was related, but oh well.

Anyone here into firearms? Anyone do competition or just recreational shooting?
Old 03-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

Not anymore.

I do every once in awhile window shop & the bug come back.
The bug wants me to buy Springfield XD .45 & 12g Benelli & .308 winchester & H&K mp5.
H&K mp5 is not CA legal so I will have to travel to Nevada for that kinda stuff.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

My father works for a local police deparment and I remember going with him to the range when I was younger, got to shoot a department-issued MP5A4 (full stock, Navy trigger group). Had one round, two-round burst and full auto modes. That was a neat experience, I still have the cardboard target sitting at my parents house in my closet.

CA and MD are two of the worst places to own a firearm, so many restrictions that make it not as fun. My gf moved here to VA, she's getting her carry permit in the next few weeks and she's glad she'll be able to carry. I've been carrying since a few weeks after my 21st birthday, every day if I can.

If you're looking for a non-NFA version of the MP5, look into a HK94. It's single-round only, has a legal-length 16" barrel and can be found at an affordable price. I plan on doing a clone build if my finances allow it, registering it as NFA since it will have the mil-spec length barrel and not the 16". Full auto is fun, but I prefer accuracy, so I'm fine with just one round at a time.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:54 AM

Glock 45, stays in the box mostly. No ptc
Old 03-09-2012, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

First time at the range, I shot a smiley face on my human silhouette target with a H&K .45 USP elite.
The range master got mad at me for HS & told me "NO HEADSHOT! READ THE FUCKING SIGN!!!" "Oh btw great shooting" & left.
If I fired consecutively he would come in & tell me "NO Rapid firing!" & "Nice grouping" lol.

I had the target sheet for over 3yrs & finally cleaned my room & threw it away.
I would like to go de-stress but bullets are expensive havent been to the range in years.

Last edited by MTZL; 03-09-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator

I'm better with any shoulder-mounted firearm than I am with a sidearm. During basic, I qualified second best marksman in our Flight with a score of 48/50 with the M16A2. I had an opportunity to qualify as a pistol marksman during Tech School but didn't qualify, I hate the sights on the Beretta 92-series handguns. I'm used to placing the target right above the front sight, as you should, but the M9 has "combat" sights, which means you cover the target with the front sight. Hated that.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

We should start a thread for pics of targets sheets, distance, weapon of choice.

Maybe I can use some money from tax return to go rent a gun & a range.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoZero View Post
I'm better with any shoulder-mounted firearm than I am with a sidearm. During basic, I qualified second best marksman in our Flight with a score of 48/50 with the M16A2. I had an opportunity to qualify as a pistol marksman during Tech School but didn't qualify, I hate the sights on the Beretta 92-series handguns. I'm used to placing the target right above the front sight, as you should, but the M9 has "combat" sights, which means you cover the target with the front sight. Hated that.
I dont like berettas. I hate their trigger pull, it goes down smooth & latches but hammer doesnt strike til you pull the trigger all the way down some more for second latch. Kinda ruins the feel of the trigger pull. Just personal preference.

I actually like the site that cover the target.
Bad things about rental guns are most of them are not cleaned.
Sights are mostly useless & covered by gunpowder & I couldnt use it at all.
I hit most of my target by luck "I think I hit it" reel the target in from the back wall "Yes! I did hit my target. Got lucky that time"
Old 03-09-2012, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

http://www.springfield-armory.com/xd.php?model=1

Features
http://www.springfield-armory.com/xdfeatures.php

Damn bug, its telling me buy one, buy one.

I had shot about 200 rounds out of a rental XD 45 & I love it.
I love this thing over sig, walter, ruger, beretta, H&K USP, colt, desert eagle.

DE 50cal is the worst built gun there is, it is very unreliable & rentals are never maintenanced right.
Amazing power but cant use it most of the time, keep jamming.

Last edited by MTZL; 03-09-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTZL View Post
We should start a thread for pics of targets sheets, distance, weapon of choice.

Maybe I can use some money from tax return to go rent a gun & a range.
Go for it!

Quote:
I dont like berettas. I hate their trigger pull, it goes down smooth & latches but hammer doesnt strike til you pull the trigger all the way down some more for second latch. Kinda ruins the feel of the trigger pull. Just personal preference.

I actually like the site that cover the target.
Bad things about rental guns are most of them are not cleaned.
Sights are mostly useless & covered by gunpowder & I couldnt use it at all.
I hit most of my target by luck "I think I hit it" reel the target in from the back wall "Yes! I did hit my target. Got lucky that time"
Some people like hammer-fired, some like striker-fired. I don't have a problem with either. I prefer hammer fired because I'm old school. I carry a H&K USP40 Compact, Variant 1 which is double/single action with a manual safety and decocker. I carry Condition One all the time, which is "cocked and locked". Can't really do that with a stiker-fired pistol. As long as the trigger pull is nice and there isn't too much of a reset, I'm happy.

I can see "combat" style sights serving a purpose in the military, but in normal, everyday scenarios, you need to clearly see your target, especially if it's a matter of self defense.

Rental guns aren't usually the cleanest, but as long as they function you're fine. Just wipe the sights off and start shooting. In fact, experienced shooters don't need the dots or markings, as long as you can distinguish the front from the rear sights and line them up perfectly, that's all you need. But during the day of course, at night you NEED to have tritium sights installed at the very least.

Quote:
http://www.springfield-armory.com/xd.php?model=1

Damn bug, its telling me buy one, buy one.

I had shot about 200 rounds out of a rental XD 45 & I love it.
I love this thing over sig, walter, ruger, beretta, H&K USP, colt, desert eagle.

DE 50cal is the worst built gun there is, it is very unreliable & rentals are never maintenanced right.
Amazing power but cant use it most of the time, keep jamming.
They're built for power, not reliability. I've fired the .44 magnum version and it was unique, but way too big. I personally know someone at one of the local firearm shops that conceal carries one, has a nice rig set up for it so he can carry it at the 6 o'clock position, which I can imagine gets painful very quickly.

Honestly, I'm not impressed by the XD. It's basically a redesigned Glock, same features except for the grip safety, which derived from the 1911 handguns. My gf bought a Smith and Wesson M&P9 compact as her carry pistol, it's ok I'm not fond of the grip on it. But the trigger is oh so buttery smooth compared to my USPc.