ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart General

Old 07-01-2013, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz17 View Post
Seriously, I don't understand the amount of hate you guys are just dropping on this exhaust. You should really see it in person. They are beautifully made and awesome quality.
Chaz, I'm not trying to make you feel like I'm getting down on you. I agree that the exhaust looks GREAT (IF the RA exhaust looks like the Evo X one). My only issue is with YOU making the claims that you have, whether they are just regurgitated manufacturer's information or not. Saying that exhaust is made of "medical grade" material will make anyone who has any sort of material knowledge question why such a stupid statement was made. ALL stainless steel exhausts (304 and 316) can be medical grade, but only if it approved as medical grade through testing. There isn't an exhaust resonator on the face of the Earth that has went through or passed medical grade certification because IT IS GOING ON A CAR. Who gives a crap if it is medical grade, if it really was? That doesn't make it last longer or flow better or sound better. You might as well said it was made of high definition material. And the other things you were saying about how good it flows and everything was just YOU trying to convince people it was worth the price, when in reality, you have no clue if it will flow better or not. All I was doing is laying out the facts. This exhaust costs a good bit more than most because of the NAME, not material or craftsmanship or flow, but just the name. And that isn't a bad thing. People buy higher end things all the time when there are plenty of products of equal or greater use cheaper. I was just trying to understand why it was so pricey, and I wasn't crazy about the way you described it making it seem like there was a reason it was so pricey.

In closing, I again think it looks GREAT if it looks like the Evo X one. How it sounds and how it flows.......well I guess that will be determined if you get enough people. Best of luck.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz17 View Post

UR is a good company, but not the best.
Im going to have to agree

You hardly see any builds with UR products

Last magazine coverage was late 2009.

z
e
R
e
p
Old 07-01-2013, 11:40 PM

Well with the US economy still on life support and the Pro Buy American products campaign machine still going.
It's not hard to figure out why a bunch of car magazines based in the USA are backing and featuring American manufacturers. After all these bigger American companies are the ones paying the big bucks for advertising in same said magazines.

What incentive would they have to feature some small Canadian company that only makes a few select products for a few select car models.

It's just what it is at the end of the day. " Just Business"
Old 07-02-2013, 06:30 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Now that the fun is over, back on topic...
Old 07-02-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post

What incentive would they have to feature some small Canadian company that only makes a few select products for a few select car models.

It's just what it is at the end of the day. " Just Business"
+1

The amount of coverage UR receives is minimal, but their product line is solid. May not be the best of the best, but for the price point of each item, their value is strong. I have yet to have an issue with any of their products.

That is more than I can say for other vendors with more name recognition and press in the industry.

Last edited by TrailBrake; 07-02-2013 at 12:26 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeRep85 View Post
You hardly see any builds with UR products
+1

z
e
R
e
p
Old 07-02-2013, 02:21 PM
Regional Moderator

Yeah, a local evo installer you(zep) would know, said they got a series of bad DPs from them(UR) and not to go that route from his past experiences.. The work wasn't 100% and because of the cost of install/removal it just wasn't worth the risks to get involved with any lesser Mfrg..
Old 07-03-2013, 04:14 PM

bump it uppp
Old 07-06-2013, 08:28 AM

To the toppp
Old 07-07-2013, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

This isn't a For Sale thread, this is for the potential for a group buy on ANOTHER forum. Therefore, no bumping is needed and further bumps will result in the locking down of this thread.

Tags
catback, exhaust, kaizen, ralliart, sakura