ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Drivetrain
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2011, 08:01 AM

Update7/18

ok got back from the dealer and he confirmed as to what i thought was the leak, the trans filter is leaking just a small bit but it was enough so he ordered an new filter and all new fluid(which is awesome cause i was gonna ask about a trans flush anyway) and it is all on the house thanks to the warrnty
Old 07-18-2011, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Nice, lucky you!

I'm about to approach 10k by the end of the summer and plan on doing a flush around that time, better safe than sorry with this transmission.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:21 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the update, glad you got it taken care of under warranty.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:13 AM

Lucky you. I just found the same thing under my car, took into the dealer, he said he see's a leak but cant tell at all where its coming from (other then it IS coming from the tranny), I have to go back in Tuesday for a full tear down, they've already told me it would'nt be odd if my tranny needs replaced. Luckily Im still under warranty but its scary, I only have 13k on my car and it already needs a tranny.

MTZL, Im thinking about adding a cooler, what size is yours? I dont suppose you did an install write up?
Old 09-03-2011, 05:21 PM

Sorry for the late ass reply to this thread but the same thing happened to my car and it was a cracked filter housing.

2012 Evo X GSR-
Custom CBE / Custom Test Pipe / AEM Intake / Depo Racing UICP / GM 3-Port / ASNU 1100cc injectors / DW 300lph+ fuel pump / EvoD Surge Tank w/ Bosch 044 fuel pump / Fermented Corn Dextrose / Hotchkis rear sway bar and end links / Self Tuned
Old 09-04-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleKitchen View Post
Sorry for the late ass reply to this thread but the same thing happened to my car and it was a cracked filter housing.
yeah the filter housing is cheap, but i was glade it was a warranty fix(i like my dealership)

Showbits
(X) passwordJDM engine washer kit
(X) PasswordJDM delrin shift knob
Old 09-04-2011, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralli View Post
Lucky you. I just found the same thing under my car, took into the dealer, he said he see's a leak but cant tell at all where its coming from (other then it IS coming from the tranny), I have to go back in Tuesday for a full tear down, they've already told me it would'nt be odd if my tranny needs replaced. Luckily Im still under warranty but its scary, I only have 13k on my car and it already needs a tranny.

MTZL, Im thinking about adding a cooler, what size is yours? I dont suppose you did an install write up?
no offense to the mechanic but who sees a transmission leak and assumes the whole trans needs to be replaced

Showbits
Old 09-04-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susafuss View Post
no offense to the mechanic but who sees a transmission leak and assumes the whole trans needs to be replaced
It was'nt the mechanic that told me that, it was the service manager. He said Mitsu does'nt let them service the trannies unless its a very minor problem. Its easier and cheaper to r/r the tranny then to dig into them and spend god knows how many hours screwing around with something they probably dont even understand. Personally Im very happy if that will be the case. Id much rather have a brand new crack at a tranny then one rebuilt by the shop mechanic.

btw I love your post "no offense to the mechanic", lol like I care if you offend the mechanic, or he's sitting at home reading this post or something.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralli View Post
It was'nt the mechanic that told me that, it was the service manager. He said Mitsu does'nt let them service the trannies unless its a very minor problem. Its easier and cheaper to r/r the tranny then to dig into them and spend god knows how many hours screwing around with something they probably dont even understand. Personally Im very happy if that will be the case. Id much rather have a brand new crack at a tranny then one rebuilt by the shop mechanic.

btw I love your post "no offense to the mechanic", lol like I care if you offend the mechanic, or he's sitting at home reading this post or something.
Ah that makes more sense, you should convince them to let you keep the old trans if they replace it lol. Though if it is not leaking to bad(maybe like mine did) i doubt you would get a whole new trans.

Lol i just say that cause you never know who knows who so i don't want to offend anyone . People always get butthurt on the internet

Showbits
Old 09-05-2011, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susafuss View Post
Ah that makes more sense, you should convince them to let you keep the old trans if they replace it lol. Though if it is not leaking to bad(maybe like mine did) i doubt you would get a whole new trans.

Lol i just say that cause you never know who knows who so i don't want to offend anyone . People always get butthurt on the internet

Yeah I was just logging on because I forgot to say the reason the service manager said what he said was because the mechanic (who has 25 years working on transmissions) said it was leaking from a "seam" in the transmission and he had never seen anything like that. So who knows, we'll find out more Tuesday.

As far as your last sentence, yeah I see that more and more everytime Im on a forum.