ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Drivetrain
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2012, 09:18 PM

Default Disable ABS/ASC.... new to Mitsubishi

Hello all, I'm thinking about buying an 09+ Ralliart - love the looks, the feel, and even that funky transmission.... but before I do there is one thing I must know that I haven't been able to try on test drives for obvious reasons.... If you pull the ABS or ASC fuse, will it have any other effect than killing those 2 systems? In my STI it's quite easy, just pull the ABS and its gone with no other ill effects. Is it the same on the RA?

My main concern is that it will mess with the transmission, AWC system, or other vital components. I know you can turn off ASC with the button, but I find that rather annoying..... I would sooner rig a controller that will turn that off for me every time I power on the car.

So, has anyone tried this? Or is willing to try it? It's pretty much a deal breaker for me if I have to keep ABS/ASC.

(Please no comments about why would I do this, it's a safety system, ect)

A few other questions I have are,:

Is there any way to keep the clutch released while in gear with the TC-SST? Some kind of launch control perhaps, or any way to keep the RPMs higher before engagement?

Is it possible to push start a RA? Or move it by engaging the starter (in the event of an engine failure, ect)

I've been driving Subaru for a long time, with normal manual transmissions, and know all their tricks, but I've always liked the Lancers.... just need to know more before I buy one.

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2012, 12:31 AM

This is a fully, bulls to the horn, Semi Automatic. Unless you find some wire to apply 5volts of voodoo to, you're not anywhere in control of the clutch.

ABS is the simplest item on you're list. ASC on the other hand, would be the hardest. Even high end tuners get stumped getting rid of all the trickery.

If you don't want any of the above, buy 80's and buy smart.

2010 WW Sedan
Custom RRE ABE
Cosworth Drop-in Filter
EvoX FMIC and UICP
ExoX BOV
Old 01-03-2012, 12:52 AM

Lol, buy 80's, I like that. I probably would too if there were any cars in this area that are not brown and crusty....

About the clutch, when at rest do you know which of the 2 clutches, if any are in the engaged position?

How is ABS the easiest item? Is it really as simple as pulling the fuse with no other ill effects to the AWC locker?
Old 01-03-2012, 12:57 AM

I have never looked into disabling the ABS, but from your list, probably the easiest to pursue.

At rest, your odd gears(1,3,5) are engaged. Putting it into Neutral fully disengages it, or tap the throttle very fast.

2010 WW Sedan
Custom RRE ABE
Cosworth Drop-in Filter
EvoX FMIC and UICP
ExoX BOV
Old 01-03-2012, 05:35 AM

May I ask why are you looking to disable the ABS?

The ABS threshold is quite high on the Ralliart, and even when I lap I rarely cause it to kick in.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:04 AM

Snow/ice driving. We get some pretty intense winter up here, and ABS is just intolerable. During the summer, I don't mind it because it never activates.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:24 AM

Ok, Gotcha.

Years ago, I had a beater (Ford Contour) that had ABS that kicked in pretty much every time I drove it in the winter. In that car, disabling ABS was a simple as removing a fuse.

I have not tested fuse removal on the Ralliart to disable ABS, but the docs I have specify the following:

Engine Compartment Fuse Box:
#26 (40A - Green) - ABS-ECU
#27 (30A - Pink) - ABS-ECU

Last edited by TrailBrake; 01-03-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Why do you want to jump ship to a Mitsubishi, coming from the Impreza series?
Old 01-03-2012, 11:29 AM

Its all about the looks. I've always though that the Lancers were nicer looking than the Imprezas, especially from the Evo IV up. And I think the current RA is about the best they've put out.... even more so than the Evo X. The STI I'm driving now is great, and I've owned 10+ Subarus, so I thought it would be fun to try something new.

Maybe someone here would be brave enough to pull the fuse and see what happens....?
Old 01-03-2012, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

For the money, the Ralliart is a better buy especially compared to the Evo MR. A few mods and a nice tune, you're making stock Evo power, but lack the nice suspension and braking, which is easily fixed as well. Plus, it'll still cost less as well.

So run it by us again just for clarification... you want someone to test pulling the ABS fuse to see if it deactivates?