ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Drivetrain
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2013, 02:11 PM

Default SST Flash/reprogramming

So I have an 09 RA and started to experience a shifting issue which is noted in other threads, all the typical signs from what I have read, hopping from a dead start, rough acceleration through 2,3,4 and in automatic it will speed shift 4,5,6th so your going 40 mph in 6th gear. I brought it to the dealer for warranty work to learn the prior owner flashed the ECU(so the dealer says) and I am SOL.

I asked the dealer if we could start with reflashing the ECU back to the factory setting and they told me I need to replace the ECU for the stock settings.

I struggle to believe that this cannot be reprogrammed since they are altered through different flashes. Can anyone attest to this?

Also does anyone know if the replacement seal kits for the SST would cure some of these shifting issues I described?
Old 05-07-2013, 02:57 PM

Flash it back to stock and take it to another dealer. If that will not work call SSP or Jacks Transmissions.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolliE319 View Post
So I have an 09 RA and started to experience a shifting issue which is noted in other threads, all the typical signs from what I have read, hopping from a dead start, rough acceleration through 2,3,4 and in automatic it will speed shift 4,5,6th so your going 40 mph in 6th gear. I brought it to the dealer for warranty work to learn the prior owner flashed the ECU(so the dealer says) and I am SOL.

I asked the dealer if we could start with reflashing the ECU back to the factory setting and they told me I need to replace the ECU for the stock settings.

I struggle to believe that this cannot be reprogrammed since they are altered through different flashes. Can anyone attest to this?

Also does anyone know if the replacement seal kits for the SST would cure some of these shifting issues I described?
I had these problems from a stock ECU map and had to get a warranty replacement transmission. Your dealer probably doesn't want to do work or doesn't know anything about the ralliart. In my experience most dealers have not seen them or worked on them.

A flash to a GST basemap may actually solve your problems if the SST isn't actually broken. The stock SST shifting map really blows, in my experience.

If you don't want to deal with any of that, find someone to flash it to stock like hotkupa recommended and bring it to another dealer, seems like these guys don't know what they're talking about. You don't need a new ECU to get it back to stock, and an good ECU tune flash sure as hell won't trash an SST unless it adds so much power that it causes it to slip, 350-400hp+

2010 rg sportback

Last edited by skills; 05-07-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:03 PM

at this point they have notified Mitsubishi warranty so reflashinh will have no baring on it. they are telling me the warranty is void now. I contacted mitsu warranty and opened a case number with them. I feel like I am getting fucked here the dealer is telling me the software flash version is missing digits to be compared to a factory flash number.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:06 PM

what gets me more is the car is an 09 that never sold to the first owner until Jan 2010. he did not modify the car and I have not other than running a scan tool on it. so how does the software just change.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:11 PM

Quote:
what gets me more is the car is an 09 that never sold to the first owner until Jan 2010. he did not modify the car and I have not other than running a scan tool on it. so how does the software just change.
yeah you're getting fucked.

2010 rg sportback
Old 05-07-2013, 05:15 PM

does anyone know exactly what changes Mitsubishi made from 09 to 2010 within the SST? like the seals kit that SSP offers? any other failures they noticed and fixed?
Old 05-08-2013, 04:15 AM

Quote:
does anyone know exactly what changes Mitsubishi made from 09 to 2010 within the SST? like the seals kit that SSP offers? any other failures they noticed and fixed?
Not that Mitsu is open with this kind of info, but it is doubtful any significant change was made between the introduction of the SST in 2008, and 2010.

There are less reported problems for 2011 and newer cars.

That said, Mitsu is now replacing clutch packs instead of entire transmissions to remedy the jerky starts and shift issue. Flash the ECU back to stock and ask about this at a reputable dealer in your area.

Last edited by TrailBrake; 05-08-2013 at 04:44 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:59 PM

So the dealer opened a case with the DSM which went to Mitsubishi Corp that opened a case on the complaint. The Case worker said to flash the ECU back to stock and see if the symptoms are still present.

Now the dealer is warning me that reflashing the computer will ruin it and I need to purchase a new computer, but he will try to reflash it. What a F&*%ing lie. So then he decided he wanted nothing to do with this and I am picking up the car tonight. I need to find a place to flash my ECU back to Mitsubishi software so I can try another dealer.

Anyone know a place in the South Chicago area. All I can find is Boostings Performance(SSP Dealer) on the West side and have not heard back from them.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
So the dealer opened a case with the DSM which went to Mitsubishi Corp that opened a case on the complaint. The Case worker said to flash the ECU back to stock and see if the symptoms are still present.

Now the dealer is warning me that reflashing the computer will ruin it and I need to purchase a new computer, but he will try to reflash it. What a F&*%ing lie. So then he decided he wanted nothing to do with this and I am picking up the car tonight. I need to find a place to flash my ECU back to Mitsubishi software so I can try another dealer.

Anyone know a place in the South Chicago area. All I can find is Boostings Performance(SSP Dealer) on the West side and have not heard back from them.
STUPID ASS STEALERSHIP!!!!

Do you have a copy of said Mitsu software?

How far is AMS Perfromance from you?
https://plus.google.com/104530930919...ut?gl=us&hl=en

They are mos def worth the trip

zeRep