ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Drivetrain

Old 06-27-2011, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exyia View Post
I'm pretty confident in the SSP cooler - and they run it on their MR track car, so I would say that's track tested. I will be looking to add this to my car down the line

It's the AMS cooler that I think is a bit of a joke. the SSP is a real cooling system compared to AMS's, which is more of an upgraded stock cooler. that I have heard 100% from users say it didn't help much at all on the track - and AMS is looking to get into MR R&D, so I'm sure they really know how average it is as far as performance and are looking to produce something better

but overall most people don't need an aftermarket transmission cooler for mostly street driving. bryan's sportback is a great example
The transcooler and Oilcooler on the MR are the exact same unit from what I've heard. It seems beneficial just to move the OEM transcooler to being your new Oil Cooler after you upgrade it. But I hear thats not all that necessary on most Evo models cuz the Oil never really gets that hot.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exyia View Post
I'm pretty confident in the SSP cooler - and they run it on their MR track car, so I would say that's track tested.
An MR running that setup down here overheated the transmission two weeks ago. There has got to be a better solution than this. I know what their "Gold" fluid is. I have that in my transmission now. None of this stuff required more than a handful of thought.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:39 AM

Hmmm, not encouraging news

How long was the MR on the track before the overheating occurred?
Old 06-28-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFSLancerRA View Post
An MR running that setup down here overheated the transmission two weeks ago. There has got to be a better solution than this. I know what their "Gold" fluid is. I have that in my transmission now. None of this stuff required more than a handful of thought.
meh, seems to work on SSP's MR, and that thing is a beast. I just know AMS's SST cooler has tons of negative reviews and many switched to SSP's without a problem.

I'm not drawing any conclusions though, and someday I'll probably try out the SSP SST cooler. I am attracted to SSP's products because they actually do R&D more than people think, and are brave enough to spend so much money doing so.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

I have an additional smaller Front mount SST cooler from Mike@RRE.
Replaced the stock one with bigger cooler (also from Mike@RRE).
Plus SST tune by Bryan@GST/Razorlab
When I had taken it to the autocross, I limit my rev to 5-6k rpm.
Granted, it is not triple digit speed like road course track but I drove it relatively spirited.
I never had a problem with over heating issues.

I also turn my heater on during spirited driving to help cool things down in the engine bay.
I had driven my civic wihtout a/c for 10yrs of summer, so Im used to the heat some what below 90-100 degrees.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailBrake View Post
Hmmm, not encouraging news

How long was the MR on the track before the overheating occurred?
A grand total of 4 or 5 laps. That is not good.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:21 PM

Default tranny fluids

oe usually skimps on fluids, some say synthetic but superior synthetics as redline and amsoil could surely help. redline's and other ester base motor oils excell in resisting heat. esters are the only types that work in jet engines and esters cost the most
Old 05-13-2013, 02:55 PM

When referencing fluid pressures, how can a flash drive a higher fluid pressure? That would be caused by the oil pump in the trans and that is a mechanical component. Pressure would only build depending on RPM and a seals integrity.

The only reason I am asking is I currently am experiencing a slippage issue around 2000-3000 RPM and up with light to half throttle. The car should have warranty(if the dealer didnt screw me due to a flash I didnt know was on the car), when the clutches are applied is the fluid pressure holding the clutch engaged or holding the opposite clutch disengaged?
Old 05-13-2013, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolliE319 View Post
When referencing fluid pressures, how can a flash drive a higher fluid pressure? That would be caused by the oil pump in the trans and that is a mechanical component. Pressure would only build depending on RPM and a seals integrity.

The only reason I am asking is I currently am experiencing a slippage issue around 2000-3000 RPM and up with light to half throttle. The car should have warranty(if the dealer didnt screw me due to a flash I didnt know was on the car), when the clutches are applied is the fluid pressure holding the clutch engaged or holding the opposite clutch disengaged?
IF we were able to flash the TCU we would be able to control the CLAMP pressure NOT the fluid pressure...to this date, (to my knowledge) we have not be able to crack the TCU.

zeRep
Old 05-13-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeRep85 View Post
IF we were able to flash the TCU we would be able to control the CLAMP pressure NOT the fluid pressure...to this date, (to my knowledge) we have not be able to crack the TCU.

zeRep
So there are no flashes available for the TCU? only fuel curve adjustments, timing, etc for the ECU. can Mitsubishi void a trans warranty if the TCU software was never modified?