ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 04-24-2014, 10:37 PM

Default Alternative trans case/diff fliuds

I've been searching forums but can never get a straight answer, can anyone tell me or direct me to any alternative fluids for our TC and diffs? What are some of you guys using?
Old 04-25-2014, 09:24 AM

I am using the Ravenol fluid from blauparts.com and paper filter from SSP. I changed it at 26,500 miles. I am currently at a little over 28,000 miles now and no problems so far.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripsco View Post
I am using the Ravenol fluid from blauparts.com and paper filter from SSP. I changed it at 26,500 miles. I am currently at a little over 28,000 miles now and no problems so far.
Sorry I miss read your post. I thought you were asking about the tranny fluid... I just ended up using the Mitsubishi OEM fluid for the transfer case and rear differential. You can find the OEM fluid online real cheap.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripsco View Post
Sorry I miss read your post. I thought you were asking about the tranny fluid... I just ended up using the Mitsubishi OEM fluid for the transfer case and rear differential. You can find the OEM fluid online real cheap.
How much did you pay for the OEM transfer case and rear differential fluid? Whats the amount that goes in there?
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 04-25-2014, 01:13 PM

I use the Ravenol DSG (BOT341) and oem paper filter for the SST as well.

For the Transfer case and Rear LSD i use OEM Diaqueen LSD fluid. I purchased mine from fred beans online. The 1 gal size should be good for 2+ trans and lsd fluid changes.

Image below for Evo X makes it easy and shows LSD fluid for both in Yellow. (Ralliarts do not have Red AYC)

Last edited by neogeo64; 04-25-2014 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:17 PM

I did my rear diff today for what I believe may have been the first time ever for this RA. I used Redline 75w90 and for the transfer case I will be using HeavyWeight Shockproof from Redline. As far as the transmission goes I have always used the Diaqueen SSTF1 from Mitsu.

Drain plug from rear diff. Talk about sludge and carbon with a hint of metal flakes

How it's suppose to look

Ultimate Racing TBE
Ultimate Racing U/LICP
Grimmspeed EBC
Tuned by Kaizen
Old 04-26-2014, 07:40 PM

Thanks for the great posts guys, I will be doing mine soon. Still not sure what I'm going to use though. But now I have some choices.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:53 AM
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iralli_iskustvo View Post
How much did you pay for the OEM transfer case and rear differential fluid? Whats the amount that goes in there?
Haven't done mine yet, but the diffs on most cars usually have two bolts a drain bolt and a fill bolt, you just fill it, till the filling bolt hole is topped off... Normally it's 1-2 qts max.. I've used redline, motul etc. almost all I've tried run better than OEM stuff..

minimal partial rolls $60(no tab grinding)

So cal fender roller rental $10 per day(3 day min) with $200 cash deposit. Includes Eastwood fender roller, heat gun and heavyweight carry bag.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:30 PM

@kaiser1991...for the first time change...that's how it looks...I've changed mine when I hit 16000...it looked exactly like that... and I use red line also...

Phase 1
[X] Cosworth Drop-In
[X] UR Full Catback Exhaust
[X] UR Upper ICP
[X] UR Lower ICP
[X] Evo X FMIC
[X] Evo X BOV

Phase 2 - Breaks
Old 04-30-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliNurse View Post
@kaiser1991...for the first time change...that's how it looks...I've changed mine when I hit 16000...it looked exactly like that... and I use red line also...

I was definitely expecting it to look a little bad. It had heavy carbon build up with a layer of gel. Jacks Transmissions recommended Red line fluids. HeavyWeight Shockproof to be exact.
Ultimate Racing TBE
Ultimate Racing U/LICP
Grimmspeed EBC
Tuned by Kaizen