ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 08-04-2014, 05:55 PM

Default Results!!! 8) with proof of course!

Just got tuned and dyno at Boostin Performance out here in IL! 250whp & 292wtq...not too shabby for a weekend from stock! He left it at that due to the tranny slipping, which hopefully tranny oil and filter change will fix (car is on 45k miles)....gonna order pentosin FFL2 and filter this week...

Mods include:
*k&n air filter
*Evo X bpv, intercooler and aftermarket piping
*AMS boost pill
*hi-flow cat
*spaced muffler from piping with springs to give it a nice sexy rumble
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (142.5 KB, 50 views)

Last edited by blkdrgn09; 08-04-2014 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Added bpv mod
Old 08-04-2014, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkdrgn09 View Post
Just got tuned and dyno at Boostin Performance out here in IL! 250whp & 292wtq...not too shabby for a weekend from stock! He left it at that due to the tranny slipping, which hopefully tranny oil and filter change will fix (car is on 45k miles)...

Mods include:
*k&n air filter
*Evo X intercooler and aftermarket piping
*AMS boost pill
*hi-flow cat
*spaced muffler from piping with springs to give it a nice sexy rumble
Awesome job.

Quote:
gonna order pentosin FFL2 and filter this week...
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!
DON'T DO IT!!!!!
Stick with Diaqueen. If anyone tells you otherwise, be concerned.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Awesome job.

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!
DON'T DO IT!!!!!
Stick with Diaqueen. If anyone tells you otherwise, be concerned.

Thanks!

And on second point....I don't even know anymore i read soo many posts on all this, and still no unclear statements. Both sides seem to have valid arguments lol and i gotta say the $60 per gallon vs $120 per gallon between the 2 honestly sounds like a good reason to sway my decision.... :/
Old 08-04-2014, 06:11 PM
Regional Moderator

i would also stick with OEM, you can get the fluid from fred beans parts for $133 per 4L container and one of the damaged(almost nothing wrong with them) from SSP. for $16 shipped. thats about $282 for a DIY trans flush and fill.. i just did mine at 48k and my tranny was def acting up..

minimal partial rolls $60(no tab grinding)

So cal fender roller rental $10 per day(3 day min) with $200 cash deposit. Includes Eastwood fender roller, heat gun and heavyweight carry bag.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Thanks!

And on second point....I don't even know anymore i read soo many posts on all this, and still no unclear statements. Both sides seem to have valid arguments lol and i gotta say the $60 per gallon vs $120 per gallon between the 2 honestly sounds like a good reason to sway my decision.... :/
I went the FFL2 route too, for the same reason. Then I read how there is a protective grease coating on the internal pcb that the diaqueen doesn't erode, but everything else does, and I switched immediately. When I told my local SST guru I had FFL2 in there, he told me all about how many SSTs he had been in to with the FFL2 and FFL3, that do damage not to the mechanicals, but the circuitry. The general consensus lately has been that they are all equivalent from a function and lubrication standpoint, but the damage everything else but Diaqueen and SSP gold does to the internal electronics isn't worth it.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markspd6 View Post
i would also stick with OEM, you can get the fluid from fred beans parts for $133 per 4L container and one of the damaged(almost nothing wrong with them) from SSP. for $16 shipped. thats about $282 for a DIY trans flush and fill.. i just did mine at 48k and my tranny was def acting up..
Fred beans is in PA and as far as filter i'll get the paper from SSP or whatever fluid I have not been able to find cheaper in my area (i live in IL) unless someone else knows a good place...NAPA and PepBoys can't order em either and the dealer and shop both want 300 just for fluid. Maybe I'll see how it runs on FFL-2 and go from there. Eventually plan on upgrading clutch packs esp if they're worn down, and by then see how FFL-2 works and make a decision between the 2....Hmmm decisions decisions lol

Ah just saw what drew said....may look into finding it cheap then....amazon has it 122 per gallon...

Last edited by blkdrgn09; 08-04-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:16 AM

Send a message via AIM to Rralliart09

I got mine (Diqueen SSTF-1) off eBay from AWD_MOTORSPORTS for $135 per 4L shipped but looks like they've raised it to $155 per 4L. DO NOT use anything else. The other fluid work mechanically but will eat the protective coating off the TCU. It's been proven. Just bite the bullet and do it right or you'll have up buy a whole new trans since they don't sell the TCU separate.
S-Sport and Launch Control
ETS 3" FMIC and UICP
Custom 2.5" TBE exhaust W/HFC dual Magnaflows 4" tips
R1 Concepts premium slotted rotors w/Stoptech pads
Prosport 60mm Premium boost gauge
Prosport 52mm Digital AFR gauge
Perrin column mount dual gauge pod
Blox Racing 490 shift knob in gunmetal W/Reverse Lockout Adapter
Sparco Assetto Gara 18x8 with Nitto NT555 235/40-18

"I ruin dreams all the time" -Markspd6

Last edited by Rralliart09; 08-05-2014 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-06-2014, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rralliart09 View Post
I got mine (Diqueen SSTF-1) off eBay from AWD_MOTORSPORTS for $135 per 4L shipped but looks like they've raised it to $155 per 4L. DO NOT use anything else. The other fluid work mechanically but will eat the protective coating off the TCU. It's been proven. Just bite the bullet and do it right or you'll have up buy a whole new trans since they don't sell the TCU separate.
Despite the mAny conflicting opinions on all this i talked to a couple more people as well as some who are quite well versed in electronic components which function in many places as well as submerged in oil, etc aaand i decided to get FFL-2....got 13 quarts of that plus replacement paper filter for $300 shipped so i will def keep and eye on everything and see how it goes! 8)
Old 08-06-2014, 06:23 PM

dealer should also price match fredbeans.. just let em know.. save you some shipping $
Old 08-07-2014, 05:07 AM

Send a message via AIM to Rralliart09

Quote:
Despite the mAny conflicting opinions on all this i talked to a couple more people as well as some who are quite well versed in electronic components which function in many places as well as submerged in oil, etc aaand i decided to get FFL-2....got 13 quarts of that plus replacement paper filter for $300 shipped so i will def keep and eye on everything and see how it goes! 8)
Ok if you think you know better than MRT Performance then more power to ya. It's your car I was just trying to help.
S-Sport and Launch Control
ETS 3" FMIC and UICP
Custom 2.5" TBE exhaust W/HFC dual Magnaflows 4" tips
R1 Concepts premium slotted rotors w/Stoptech pads
Prosport 60mm Premium boost gauge
Prosport 52mm Digital AFR gauge
Perrin column mount dual gauge pod
Blox Racing 490 shift knob in gunmetal W/Reverse Lockout Adapter
Sparco Assetto Gara 18x8 with Nitto NT555 235/40-18

"I ruin dreams all the time" -Markspd6