ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart General
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoZero View Post
looks tempting, but I can't justify paying $200-something dollars for a piece of metal
So an intercooler or intercooler pipe kits or high flow cats or cat-back exhaust or springs aren't pieces of metal that you would pay over $200 for?
Old 06-21-2012, 06:59 AM

Bump again for summer pricing. I know how much work goes in to making these, and I am telling you guys that $239 is a STEAL!

http://www.machv.com/larafrbubefo.html
Old 06-21-2012, 07:59 PM

Hey Drew I already have the bezel but I want to know where to get the LED lights you have where we normally have the driving fog style lights?
Old 06-22-2012, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
Hey Drew I already have the bezel but I want to know where to get the LED lights you have where we normally have the driving fog style lights?
Those are custom made by yours truly. You can find the lights by googling mercedes drl led, but that is the easy part. Building the custom mounts out of the stock fog bezel was the hard part.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:07 AM

Mach V has a crazy good deal on the bezels right now. Get them while they are hot! $179!!!!
Old 11-26-2012, 11:51 AM

Wink

Much as I like the look of this radiator grill/vent, the "extras" of importing one into the UK make it a no/no.

So could I ask a rather obvious question please. If the purpose is to improve airflow to the evoX i/c then isn't the simplest answer to replace the Sportback rad grill unit with one from an X, is the front grill piece not the same size ? Vents already in place in the oem unit.

The other point I am very wary of is the idea of cutting holes in a protective metal bar, surely this will diminish its structural integrity ? Would not want to do that.

Cheers
Brian
Old 11-26-2012, 02:17 PM

Those two questions have actually been covered to death. Here it is in short...

1) You would have to convert the entire front bumper from an evo x over to the RA, along with crash beam and everything else, then get the fenders for an X or try to make the sides of the bumper blend with the narrower RA fenders. People have done this, but it is not easy and rarely looks clean.

2) As far as the beam, you have two options. Cut the steel beam from the RA, or replace it with the aluminum one from the Evo. The aluminum crash beam from the evo is actually rather cheap and easy to get if you don't want to go through the hassle of cutting the RA one, and a direct swap. As far as from a strength aspect, the JDM aluminum beam is VERY small. The steel one from the RA far exceeds it in strength, even when cut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian L View Post
Much as I like the look of this radiator grill/vent, the "extras" of importing one into the UK make it a no/no.

So could I ask a rather obvious question please. If the purpose is to improve airflow to the evoX i/c then isn't the simplest answer to replace the Sportback rad grill unit with one from an X, is the front grill piece not the same size ? Vents already in place in the oem unit.

The other point I am very wary of is the idea of cutting holes in a protective metal bar, surely this will diminish its structural integrity ? Would not want to do that.

Cheers
Brian
Old 11-26-2012, 02:20 PM

Thanks for the answer, that explains it for me.
Cheers
Brian.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Those two questions have actually been covered to death. Here it is in short...

1) You would have to convert the entire front bumper from an evo x over to the RA, along with crash beam and everything else, then get the fenders for an X or try to make the sides of the bumper blend with the narrower RA fenders. People have done this, but it is not easy and rarely looks clean.

2) As far as the beam, you have two options. Cut the steel beam from the RA, or replace it with the aluminum one from the Evo. The aluminum crash beam from the evo is actually rather cheap and easy to get if you don't want to go through the hassle of cutting the RA one, and a direct swap. As far as from a strength aspect, the JDM aluminum beam is VERY small. The steel one from the RA far exceeds it in strength, even when cut.
So the Evo x front crash beam will fit? I called a sales rep at Lancershop.com and she told me that it will not fit. These are the part Number's and I have been searching for pics on how they differ. Ralliart Part # 6400C330 and Evo X Part # 6410B276. Has anyone completed the Evo X front bumber Beam swap or just cut the holes in the RA beam?
Injen SRI, UR UICP & LICP, UR 4.5 IC, COBB AP custome stg 2 tune, 3in TBE, Whiteline front strut bar, RRM rear strut bar, tint, roof spoiler, 2.5 turbo compressor outlet pipe, AMS BOV, AMS Boost Pill, TWE Catch Can, Megan Racing Coil Overs

Future Engine and Tranny Mods:
Water Meth Kit
SSP Oil Cooler
Fan for Stock Trans Cooler w/ washable filter

Future Suspension Mods:
Sway Bars
Rear Diff Bushing Kit
Cusco 4 or 5 pt Brace
Front Cross Member
Old 12-17-2012, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RALM View Post
So the Evo x front crash beam will fit? I called a sales rep at Lancershop.com and she told me that it will not fit. These are the part Number's and I have been searching for pics on how they differ. Ralliart Part # 6400C330 and Evo X Part # 6410B276. Has anyone completed the Evo X front bumber Beam swap or just cut the holes in the RA beam?
There are people that have made the swap.

http://www.clubralliart.com/showthread.php?t=2686