ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart General

Old 01-26-2011, 01:41 AM

Default Looking for your input on my alittle accident

So the other day I turned in to a buddies drive way that just had the road plowed in front of it, well when i turn in i caught a big chunk of ice which drive in the ground popping my side plate open and pushing snow in and bending my trans cooler back and bending a few fins and also craking my bumper on the bottom and by the fog light. It bent my fender corner up and popped that bumper where it connects into the fender. Im Debating in if i should just get a aftermarket bumper and straighten the fender and the trans cooler myself or just pay the $500 deductiable. Has anyone seen and aftermarket bumper that look good on our cars? and doesnt any one know if the cooler will be ok with a few bent fins? Ive been driving it with now warning lights that the trans it over heating! Just looking for some in put i cant make up my mind! Thanks guys

Last edited by jalacey85; 01-26-2011 at 01:56 AM.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:15 AM

Pics or ban! HAHahaha ;-)

An aftermarket bumper would sit lower even and crack up when you hit stuff. You will find your stock bumper might pop back in place pretty well.

I have several stock coolers. (left over from doing upgrades) You could have one if you pay for shipping.

Mike W
Old 01-26-2011, 02:38 AM

ive got everything popped back in for the most part, Thing is ive only had my baby for 2 months and she only has 3500 miles and it breaks my heart to see the crack on the bumper. Running into thing isnt something i normally do!! lol But have you seen any good looking aftermarket bumpers that dont look tacky or cheesy. I Might most definatly take you up on that cooler if i fix it myself! Ill post some pics as soon as i get off work.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:26 AM

Yeah, bumpers are not forever. I hit a big chunk of truck retread on the freeway. Got it mostly back into shape with a heat gun. Then 2 weeks later at the track, another car kicked out a giant cone and I took that square in the grille. Taco'd the bumper again, cracked the chrome surround and cracked some of the grille. Smooshed the intercooler fins. I massaged it all back into place. Then this morning I miss judged a u-turn and did almost what sounds like about 50% of what you did with a parking curb :-P Scratched the corner and had to pop the snap part back in.

I am SOooo glad I didnt fix it all back perfect after either of the first two incidents. I think maybe I'll just bust it up some more and then get an EVO bumper or something.

Mike W
Old 01-26-2011, 03:30 AM

I was thinking maybe Extreme Dimensions GT concept
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 08_lancergtconceptfront.jpg (40.9 KB, 22 views)
Old 01-26-2011, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeW-RRE View Post
Yeah, bumpers are not forever. I hit a big chunk of truck retread on the freeway. Got it mostly back into shape with a heat gun. Then 2 weeks later at the track, another car kicked out a giant cone and I took that square in the grille. Taco'd the bumper again, cracked the chrome surround and cracked some of the grille. Smooshed the intercooler fins. I massaged it all back into place. Then this morning I miss judged a u-turn and did almost what sounds like about 50% of what you did with a parking curb :-P Scratched the corner and had to pop the snap part back in.

I am SOooo glad I didnt fix it all back perfect after either of the first two incidents. I think maybe I'll just bust it up some more and then get an EVO bumper or something.

Mike W
Does any one make the evo bumper for the ralliarts because all the reading ive done has said that youve got to replace the fenders as well and its still not a good fit
Old 01-26-2011, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

If you are looking to replace the whole bumper & wants aftermarket you should be looking into Lancer Body kits etc. They make ones that looks like evo front bumper with variation. & you'll run into splash guard not mounting on right. etc.

&

Evo X front bumper will not fit right because Evo X body is wider & so is the front fenders. So you'll have to swap Evo X front bumper & to Evo X front fenders. & you'll run into splash guard not mounting on right. etc.
Its do-able but you'll end up replacing more parts for factory look.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTZL View Post
If you are looking to replace the whole bumper & wants aftermarket you should be looking into Lancer Body kits etc. They make ones that looks like evo front bumper with variation. & you'll run into splash guard not mounting on right. etc.

&

Evo X front bumper will not fit right because Evo X body is wider & so is the front fenders. So you'll have to swap Evo X front bumper & to Evo X front fenders. & you'll run into splash guard not mounting on right. etc.
Its do-able but you'll end up replacing more parts for factory look.
Do you think this bumper would still keep the lines because to me the side skirt look damn near the same as the ralliarts and the rear bumper on the ralliart is better then this kits.. Just looking for some opinions??

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-27-2011, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

My thing with body kit is, nobody makes them with exact oem fit. So you will have to modify something.
Looks like splash guard is one of them, it will not fit as is &
Fender wheel well is gonna flap around from driving & your tires gonna eat it up. I went thru this & so many people I know.
So you will have to custom make the splash guard & fender lining.
With that kit, your fog lights will have to be removed. Im sure you already knew that. That Evo Nose is useless unless you cut into crash beam to let air flow to FMIC. Good luck & keep us post with your mod.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalacey85 View Post
Do you think this bumper would still keep the lines because to me the side skirt look damn near the same as the ralliarts and the rear bumper on the ralliart is better then this kits.. Just looking for some opinions??

[IMG][/IMG]
I have a friend with this kit. A shop is required to modify and fit the kit correctly. The front bumper will sit lower than the OEM side skirts.