ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 09-30-2014, 03:36 PM

Default Emissions Help

Hey guys,

I need some advice/help for emissions testing here in NW Indiana. I have to get my plates renewed and have emissions done. I stopped by the emissions testing facility today and my results were reject. It says incomplete monitors: oxygen.

I currently have the following mods on the car:
Ultimate Racing 3" DP
Ultimate Racing HFC metal substrate
Ultimate Racing Upper IC Pipe
AEM Intake
Boost Pill
GST Tune Loaded

After loading the tune I remember disabling rear o2 sensor and clearing DTCs. Shouldn't I be fine with just re-enabling the rear o2 sensor and ride it out until the code goes away or even clear it? Or do you guys think my rear o2 sensor is now shot because of disabling it?

Thanks

Last edited by Ripsco; 09-30-2014 at 03:54 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:36 PM
Regional Moderator

The sensor should be just fine, but if youre running a DP etc. you might not be able to clear the code. Only one way to find out, My only real concern would be that if you get flagged as a gross poluter or placed on a "special list" from your mods, they might scrutinize your car alot more..

minimal partial rolls $60(no tab grinding)

So cal fender roller rental $10 per day(3 day min) with $200 cash deposit. Includes Eastwood fender roller, heat gun and heavyweight carry bag.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markspd6 View Post
The sensor should be just fine, but if youre running a DP etc. you might not be able to clear the code. Only one way to find out, My only real concern would be that if you get flagged as a gross poluter or placed on a "special list" from your mods, they might scrutinize your car alot more..
Thanks for the quick reply Mark. Now I have to get my hands on a Tactrix cable. I ended up selling it like a month ago lol. So I will reload my tune, open up the rear 02 sensor and drive it for 100 miles or so. Hopefully the code goes away and I can give the emissions testing another run. If I still have the code coming up after 100 miles, should I try clearing it right before getting the test done?
Old 09-30-2014, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripsco View Post
Thanks for the quick reply Mark. Now I have to get my hands on a Tactrix cable. I ended up selling it like a month ago lol. So I will reload my tune, open up the rear 02 sensor and drive it for 100 miles or so. Hopefully the code goes away and I can give the emissions testing another run. If I still have the code coming up after 100 miles, should I try clearing it right before getting the test done?
Anyone on the forums willing to let me borrow their Tractrix cable for this? I would pay for the shipping. Just trying to save $170 for a one time use kind of scenario. If someone is near NW Indiana or Chicago I could meet them.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:07 AM

Quote:
If your aftermarket cat / downpipe combo isn't working adequately, you could space out the O2 sensor. This limits the amount of gas the O2 is sampling and often works for what you're looking to do.
O2 spacers are all over eBay or you can usually use a Spark Plug Anti-Fouler from any big box auto parts store. http://www.b15u.com/threads/4124-Ins...-Sensor-Spacer)

If you clear the code before the test it will show "not ready" and you'll fail.

Last edited by Splattj; 10-01-2014 at 07:09 AM.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splattj View Post
If your aftermarket cat / downpipe combo isn't working adequately, you could space out the O2 sensor. This limits the amount of gas the O2 is sampling and often works for what you're looking to do.
O2 spacers are all over eBay or you can usually use a Spark Plug Anti-Fouler from any big box auto parts store. http://www.b15u.com/threads/4124-Ins...-Sensor-Spacer)

If you clear the code before the test it will show "not ready" and you'll fail.
Thanks for the advice Splattj. I was looking at this spacer:
http://www.lancershop.com/customer/p...6&bestseller=Y

With this kit are you supposed to just try each of the jets to see which one helps fix the cel? Start maybe with the middle one since its inbetween?

Thanks
Old 10-02-2014, 09:52 PM
Regional Moderator

Theyre just different sizes to control flow to the sensor, its hard to make only one setup, because theres too many variables to each exhaust system.. So, youll just have to try one and see..

minimal partial rolls $60(no tab grinding)

So cal fender roller rental $10 per day(3 day min) with $200 cash deposit. Includes Eastwood fender roller, heat gun and heavyweight carry bag.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:02 AM

I had the same exact problem with my Ralliart. We both also live in NW Indiana! I had to go back to my tuner to have the cat sensors turned back on. After turning them on I got a check engine light. I talked to Boostin Performance (my tuner) and they told me to buy the O2 sensor spacer for the rear sensor. I bought the Vibrant spacers and used the smallest one. Cleared the code and ran the car a couple days. No check engine and I passed emissions after that.

D2 Racing USA
R1Concepts
Avant Garde Wheels

Avant Garde F142 Wheels 18x10.5 D2 Racing Air Suspension R1Concepts Drilled/Slotted Rotors Kit Unnwerke Fender Flares Rexpeed Carbon Fiber JDP Carbon Fiber Lip CBRD Rad Lite Turbo AMS Single Exhaust, Intercooler, & UICP Boostin Performance High Flow Cat Ultimate Racing Intake, Down Pipe & LICP
Old 10-04-2014, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay10ralliart View Post
I had the same exact problem with my Ralliart. We both also live in NW Indiana! I had to go back to my tuner to have the cat sensors turned back on. After turning them on I got a check engine light. I talked to Boostin Performance (my tuner) and they told me to buy the O2 sensor spacer for the rear sensor. I bought the Vibrant spacers and used the smallest one. Cleared the code and ran the car a couple days. No check engine and I passed emissions after that.
That is great news Jay! I will try the smallest one then. We pretty much have the same DP and HFC setup, so I am relieved that it works with the spacer. I am still waiting on my Tactrix cable to re-enable the rear 02 sensor. Did they give you a hard time at emissions when you came back to retest?
Old 10-11-2014, 01:56 PM

Quote:
That is great news Jay! I will try the smallest one then. We pretty much have the same DP and HFC setup, so I am relieved that it works with the spacer. I am still waiting on my Tactrix cable to re-enable the rear 02 sensor. Did they give you a hard time at emissions when you came back to retest?
So I just finished installing the O2 spacer and reloaded the GST Tune. I made sure that the rear O2 sensor is enabled. I finished by clearing DTC codes and took the car for a 15-20 minute ride. Any ideas on how long/far I need to drive the car to make sure all my monitors have ran a cycle so they will be ready for emissions test?