ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 03-06-2015, 04:18 PM

Default Engine hunting issue

Hey so I posted this to another forum but I'm looking for any info I can get. Think my SST is about to go out on me and if so I think I might go ahead and trade it in. Here's my issue:

So in 3rd gear I get some hunting going on from 2000-2500 rpm (25 mph which I now do a lot of driving in ), not sure if it's always been there and I am just now noticing it.... but I've never seen it before. Now, I'm going to of course do some maintenance, I already planned on getting a new fuel filter, air filter, spark plugs and a few other things monday before I noticed the issue. I plan on now looking into the TPS, CPS, and anything else I can think of. My questions are:

1. Has anyone encountered something like this before?
2. Being that this doesn't happen in any other gear at any other rpm that I know of is it possible that my SST isn't about to grenade on me?
3. Aside from harming the timing chain is this otherwise benign? Just avoid 3rd gear at 25 mph?
4. Should I just GTFO the car now and get a cheap beater until I can but a new focus rs or something?

Thanks for any info!
Old 06-30-2015, 11:48 AM

Send a message via AIM to Mkid Send a message via MSN to Mkid Send a message via Yahoo to Mkid

Are you sure it only happens in that gear? Pay close attention to the other odd number gears.
D2 RS Coilovers
Evo X FMIC
Ultimate Racing turbo-back
400HP clutches from Jack's
AEM Intake

My Car Thread

From Florida? Click here!