ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 03-06-2014, 02:33 PM

Default AnzoUSA headlight compatibility.

Hey guys, I'm finally back after a long 7 months after my mom got cancer and I had to figure out school.

I'm still located in Seattle and I need your guys's help!

I need to purchase new headlights and tail lights, I just purchased some taillights but now I'm deciding on this headlight and need help to see if it'll fit my car! It says for "For Use w/Non HID Models Only" Does that mean it won't fit our ralliarts?!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_os_product
Old 03-06-2014, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaelW View Post
Hey guys, I'm finally back after a long 7 months after my mom got cancer and I had to figure out school.

I'm still located in Seattle and I need your guys's help!

I need to purchase new headlights and tail lights, I just purchased some taillights but now I'm deciding on this headlight and need help to see if it'll fit my car! It says for "For Use w/Non HID Models Only" Does that mean it won't fit our ralliarts?!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_os_product
it will fit all ralliarts that are not equiped with the touring package which has the factory HID, my guess is the pin connection are different on the non HID factory headlights. i suggest you checkout a company named Depo on amazon, they make factory replacement headlights without all that LED audi bs unless you want that btw the headlights for the evo x and ralliart are the same too, the only differences are the factory halogen/ HID

depo headlights; http://www.amazon.com/MITSUBISHI-EVO...27AA3FVKX3BZQP

Last edited by NicksRRra; 03-06-2014 at 05:48 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksRRra View Post
it will fit all ralliarts that are not equiped with the touring package which has the factory HID, my guess is the pin connection are different on the non HID factory headlights. i suggest you checkout a company named Depo on amazon, they make factory replacement headlights without all that LED audi bs unless you want that btw the headlights for the evo x and ralliart are the same too, the only differences are the factory halogen/ HID

depo headlights; http://www.amazon.com/MITSUBISHI-EVO...27AA3FVKX3BZQP
Perfect! That literally answers everything I was wondering!! Because I have a ralliart with the sport and touring options. That awesome that I can do "Evo X" headlights then!
Old 03-06-2014, 08:54 PM

both will work. but to make the HID's work, you'll need an HID kit (ballasts, bulbs) and the jrox cables
Old 03-06-2014, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46byeRAhi View Post
both will work. but to make the HID's work, you'll need an HID kit (ballasts, bulbs) and the jrox cables

so would it just be easier to do "evo x" headlights then if I have the HID already?
Old 03-07-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
so would it just be easier to do "evo x" headlights then if I have the HID already?
hmm. could you clarify? what is your impression of what "evo x headlights" entails?

all headlights for lancers 2008+ and Evo X, will fit on the ralliart.
whether its compatible with an HID headlight is probably referring to what pin connectors are on on the back of the bulb housings. all of these headlights also have a location on the underside that could fit a slim-ballast for HIDs.

since your RA didn't come with HID's, you will need a separate HID kit. to run that HID kit and not have flicker issues, use the Jrox cables as your relay harness.

feel free to ask if you have any more questions, or correct me if i'm wrong.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:38 PM

Quote:
if you already have the touring package with the HID Projectors then I'm guessing you already have the "Evo X" headlights that you're asking about. The evo's have the same two headlight options as the rest of the lancers, halogen that look like this (standard on all lancers and evo x GSR):

and HID that look like this (come with touring packages for the GTS/GT, Ralliart, Evo X GSR, and standard on the Evo X MR):

Which do you have?
Old 03-08-2014, 05:44 PM

To answer both, I have HID head lights.

I bought my Ralliart with BOTH SPORTS and TOURING package. So that means the pins/connectors would be the ones that evo x's typically come with. So I was just trying to say "evo x" head lights because they come HID just like the ones I have. Sorry if that was confusing

I was just wondering if I should look at "evo x" lights since it would just be plug and play.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:45 PM

Sorry, I'm still a noob at all this
Old 03-08-2014, 10:04 PM

being a noob is not a crime. any headlight with projector housings will work for ya. thats the crystal-ball-lens lookin thing, instead of the headlights that just have the reflector housings. before you make a final decision, just throw the link of the headlights up here and we'll vet it for you