ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 03-12-2012, 09:43 PM

Default BC BR coilovers

so I'm going to order my coilovers soon. I was going to go with stance but they are not specifically designed for the ralliarts, so imho thats a huge boner kill . anyways, What spring rate should i go with? will i need camber bots or anything like that or just buy coilovers put them on and enjoy?
Old 03-12-2012, 09:44 PM

Btw i don't know why but i had to make a new account because my other one got deleted..?
Old 03-12-2012, 10:24 PM

Spring rate is a personal choice.

If you want to slam it, you can't have travel.

You want to race it, you can't have travel.

I am stuck in a stock class, but if* I could.. I would go with BC Ram and ask for 2k more on the springs. That's asking light, keeping DD in mind.

2010 WW Sedan
Custom RRE ABE
Cosworth Drop-in Filter
EvoX FMIC and UICP
ExoX BOV

Last edited by GAbOS; 03-12-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:35 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank120 View Post
so I'm going to order my coilovers soon. I was going to go with stance but they are not specifically designed for the ralliarts, so imho thats a huge boner kill . anyways, What spring rate should i go with? will i need camber bots or anything like that or just buy coilovers put them on and enjoy?
Keep in mind, what fits on the Lancer also fits the Ralliart, it's the same suspension and frame setup. Just go with a higher spring rate. So the Stance coilovers will fit, I've seen a few Ralliarts with them.

When it comes to spring rate, you need to determine what you use the car for. The default from BC is 8k front, 6k rear. It's comfortable enough for daily driving and gives the car a sporty feel in the corners, but not recommended for track use because it's too soft.

Getting up into the 10-12k range, you start to lose comfort in trade for handling, the stiffer springs will prove themselves in cornering, but having them too stiff can cause the car to bounce too much for daily driving.

Do some research on various sites and go from there, doesn't have to be specific to the Lancers. Coilovers are coilovers.

Quote:
Btw i don't know why but i had to make a new account because my other one got deleted..?
PM a moderator or Admin, or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAbOS View Post
Spring rate is a personal choice.

If you want to slam it, you can't have travel.

You want to race it, you can't have travel.

I am stuck in a stock class, but if* I could.. I would go with BC Ram and ask for 2k more on the springs. That's asking light, keeping DD in mind.
Another thing to keep in mind is ride height, as Gab said. If you're wanting to go low with the car, forget about the handling and ride comfort as well.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoZero View Post
Another thing to keep in mind is ride height, as Gab said. If you're wanting to go low with the car, forget about the handling and ride comfort as well.
That's not entirely true. With BC's you can adjust height and load independently. Meaning you can get a fairly slammed looked and still have plenty of spring/shock of travel (the limiting factor being your wheel wells at that point, lol).
Old 03-13-2012, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstevojr View Post
That's not entirely true. With BC's you can adjust height and load independently. Meaning you can get a fairly slammed looked and still have plenty of spring/shock of travel (the limiting factor being your wheel wells at that point, lol).
True, but I wouldn't expect too much from the BR-series coilovers though.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:15 PM

i would love to get rid of the wheel gap. maybe 2.2 in in front and like 1.9-2.0 in the rear. will the 8k 6k be good enough or what should i do? I would like to have it feel kinda stiff but not like how a "stanced out car feels"
Old 03-13-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoZero View Post
True, but I wouldn't expect too much from the BR-series coilovers though.
How do you like your coil overs? do you recommend them? Like i said i want to lower it kinda like how low the s techs get it. If you could do it again would you go with them again?
Old 03-13-2012, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
i would love to get rid of the wheel gap. maybe 2.2 in in front and like 1.9-2.0 in the rear. will the 8k 6k be good enough or what should i do? I would like to have it feel kinda stiff but not like how a "stanced out car feels"
once you go low, you need stiff springs like how "stanced out car feels". Soft springs will be useless.

Last edited by MTZL; 03-13-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I really hope you don't live in an area that has bad roads, you'll be sorry if you go that low on those roads.

Quote:
How do you like your coil overs? do you recommend them? Like i said i want to lower it kinda like how low the s techs get it. If you could do it again would you go with them again?
They're good coilovers, but nothing that's track-worthy IMO. I would buy them again, yes, because it fits my application, which is spirited driving on public roads, not using the car on the track.