ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 03-26-2012, 04:57 PM

also, the "AMS bov upgrade" is just an OEM bov - don't buy into the marketing. I'm a bit biased towards AMS fanboy-ism, so it really irks me that they go about advertising stuff like this. don't be fooled - if you find an OEM one cheaper elsewhere, go for it

if you're looking for more ideas on mods, my Evo X thread might help
http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57947
Old 04-25-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTZL View Post
One of the first, must-do mods to the Ralliart: Upgrade the Intercooler system
Now that you know how the basics of how the system works, you can see how important good cooling is. If you want the most pressurized air, you want it as cold as possible. As air is pressurized, molecules will collide and will cause more heat and want to expand (losing pressure again). The intercooler keeps air temperatures down to help prevent this...
Great info, thanks! If I were to go the aftermarket route which would you recommend, AMS or Ultimate Racing? And would you say there is much difference between either of these and the Evo X FMIC and piping?
Old 04-25-2012, 02:27 PM

Great thread/ info
Old 04-25-2012, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex View Post
Great info, thanks! If I were to go the aftermarket route which would you recommend, AMS or Ultimate Racing? And would you say there is much difference between either of these and the Evo X FMIC and piping?
I highly recommend ETS's. they just build damn good cores for the price. I've had great results from mine in my build thread (sig link) - and that's with actual temperature readings - real tangible results - not "I got it installed and it feels good derp derp"

all Evo X FMIC's fit the RA, but will need an X specific upper pipe. I highly prefer aluminum piping over stainless steel (ETS uses SS) - steel just loves to hold heat forever. mine was made by SSP (including a 3in LICP) obviously and very happy with it.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubjecttoChange View Post
Yeah if you have any info on brakes besides the C5/C6 BBK, please do post it!
Sorry I missed this request earlier.

It took some experimentation trying different brands to establish a solid and balanced setup, that can handle the heat of lapping. I hope this info saves someone $$$, as trying different brands of pads, rotors and fluid did add up.

From my experience, this setup is quiet, but there is a fair amount of brake dust. Pedal feel is better than stock, but still not spectacular.

Please note my car is stock in terms of power, aside from a muffler mod, and a drop-in filter. If you have a lot more power, and track the car, you probably want to look into a big brake kit.

Brake Pads
EBC Yellowstuff
http://ebcrotors.com/p-221-ebc-yello...art&submodel3=

Brake Rotors
EBC Sport Rotors
http://ebcrotors.com/p-223-ebc-sport...art&submodel3=

Brake Fluid
ATE Typ 200 brake fluid
http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brake...cat=BrakeFluid

Brake Lines
AMS stainless steel brake lines
http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/A...ake-Lines.html
Old 04-26-2012, 12:12 PM

In addition to the EBC Link above for rotors for the front, look for the EBC USR7336. I have them on my car and like them a lot. I paired them up with Hawk HPS Pads (HB214F.618).

I'm really enjoying the feel. Still want to upgrade my rubber brake lines for stainless at some point, but for now this will do.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:16 PM

Unfortunately the link doesn't display the front and rear rotors correctly. If you go on the EBC site, and select the car type and year, you can see full list of pads and rotors available.

I tried both Hawk HPS and HP+ pads, and while both were good on the street, neither could take track temperatures.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:05 PM

I'm curious of what brands you would suggest for my 2009 ralliart. I've been told Cobb and many have recommended AEM. So I was wondering what brand you would suggest
Old 09-08-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noremac View Post
I'm curious of what brands you would suggest for my 2009 ralliart. I've been told Cobb and many have recommended AEM. So I was wondering what brand you would suggest
It depends on preference. Your best bet would be to research the site. Alot of guys have their parts list in their sig's, you can also search evo x and RA sites in order to see whats being sold.
Injen SRI, UR UICP & LICP, UR 4.5 IC, COBB AP custome stg 2 tune, 3in TBE, Whiteline front strut bar, RRM rear strut bar, tint, roof spoiler, 2.5 turbo compressor outlet pipe, AMS BOV, AMS Boost Pill, TWE Catch Can, Megan Racing Coil Overs

Future Engine and Tranny Mods:
Water Meth Kit
SSP Oil Cooler
Fan for Stock Trans Cooler w/ washable filter

Future Suspension Mods:
Sway Bars
Rear Diff Bushing Kit
Cusco 4 or 5 pt Brace
Front Cross Member
Old 01-16-2014, 10:24 AM

Thank you for the info, I am just wanting a little more out of the ralliart. I was considering a boostpill and a retune with taxtrix cable and a Stock RA + BoostPill upgrade= A stock RA with the BoostPill Upgrade. Would this be ok to do?