ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 11-25-2013, 09:51 PM

Default coilover advice

so i placed my order for some bc br coils and opted to go with the stock 8k front and 6k rear spring rates for my ralliart sport back. I'll basically be using the car simply just for daily spirited driving with no plans to track or anything like that so i figured the stock spring rates should suffice.

now my question is with that being said how should i set the damper settings? I'm thinking the middle for both front and rear should be good for the application I'm using it for. is that wise? i have to get this right the first time since i have no plans on drilling any holes to be able to adjust the rears so i want to avoid having to remove the rears to adjust the damper settings again.

any other thoughts? what are your damper settings? i won't be standing the car either, I'm just trying to eliminate the massive wheel gap.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edsralliart View Post
so i placed my order for some bc br coils and opted to go with the stock 8k front and 6k rear spring rates for my ralliart sport back. I'll basically be using the car simply just for daily spirited driving with no plans to track or anything like that so i figured the stock spring rates should suffice.

now my question is with that being said how should i set the damper settings? I'm thinking the middle for both front and rear should be good for the application I'm using it for. is that wise? i have to get this right the first time since i have no plans on drilling any holes to be able to adjust the rears so i want to avoid having to remove the rears to adjust the damper settings again.

any other thoughts? what are your damper settings? i won't be standing the car either, I'm just trying to eliminate the massive wheel gap.
You have to get an the extender cord in order to have the ability to adjust the rear coil overs it attaches to the knob of of the coil over its about 1.5ft long. I have these http://www.autocityimports.com//2008...es-p-8251.html and they come with a dampning extender. You have to make sure its on tight though because when mines came off I had to remove the coil over in oder to get the cord back on it took a good hour. Prayfully this helps.
Injen SRI, UR UICP & LICP, UR 4.5 IC, COBB AP custome stg 2 tune, 3in TBE, Whiteline front strut bar, RRM rear strut bar, tint, roof spoiler, 2.5 turbo compressor outlet pipe, AMS BOV, AMS Boost Pill, TWE Catch Can, Megan Racing Coil Overs

Future Engine and Tranny Mods:
Water Meth Kit
SSP Oil Cooler
Fan for Stock Trans Cooler w/ washable filter

Future Suspension Mods:
Sway Bars
Rear Diff Bushing Kit
Cusco 4 or 5 pt Brace
Front Cross Member