ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 02-01-2014, 01:41 PM

Default Radio upgrade

My ralliart did not come with the Rockford fosgate sound system. I'm currently looking to upgrade to it. I was wondering whether or not the connections are already in place (for the amp and sub) so I can just buy the stock Rockford system and plug and play. Anybody have an idea?
  • Ultimate Racing -- Upper and lower IC pipes
  • Borla Exhaust
  • Ivey tuned
Old 02-01-2014, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBird View Post
My ralliart did not come with the Rockford fosgate sound system. I'm currently looking to upgrade to it. I was wondering whether or not the connections are already in place (for the amp and sub) so I can just buy the stock Rockford system and plug and play. Anybody have an idea?
Chances are you just have the stock deck and speakers. So remove stock deck and speakers and go aftermarket for new deck and speakers plus add a sub of whatever your favorite brand. You will need to run RCA's, power, remote lead and new local ground for amps in back. I would also throw in a Stinger Cap to make sure Sub doesn't run out of juice and some well placed Dynamat. This will give you a much better system than the Rockford Fosgate plastic sub and speakers.

Most audio install shops can order in some nice double din dash kits for our cars and have nice premade wire harnesses to connect new decks to our factory harness with out cutting or splicing anything. Clean install and removal later if you want to return to stock etc.. Also harnesses so you can use all your steering wheel controls for audio and blue tooth phone interface on your new deck.

This gives you better than factory sound and function using the newest tech available and gives you a clean oem look but better quality without breaking the bank.

Just to get Rockford fosgate deck, harness and install you are looking at more than 3 k never mind the speakers and sub etc..
Old 02-02-2014, 01:41 AM

I figured going aftermarket would have been more expensive. I'll have to look into going for that instead of the Rockford system. Thanks!
  • Ultimate Racing -- Upper and lower IC pipes
  • Borla Exhaust
  • Ivey tuned
Old 02-03-2014, 11:19 AM

There is an aftermarket scene in the audio world just as their is in th tuning world... I used to build custom systems, very inexpensive compared with buying OEM parts, much better quality, more fun, more unique, easy to do is you know anything about electronics